Lady Antebellum review by Lady Antebellum

• Released: Apr 15, 2008
Lady Antebellum: Lady Antebellum

Lady Antebellum is a new, quickly rising band. Since their debut single "Love Don't Live Here" in 2008, they have quickly become one of country music's top bands, with follow up moderate hit "Lookin' For a Goodtime" and smash hit "I Run To You". The album debuted at number 4 on the Billboard 200 and at number 1 on the Top Country Albums Chart, after selling 47,000 copies during its first official week of release, and making Lady Antebellum the first country group to have their debut album enter the Top Country Albums at #1. It has been certified platinum by the RIAA for U.S. shipments of 1,000,000 copies. The sound of the group is a kind of pop-country mix. Unlike most groups with this mix, Lady Antebellum incorporates more pop than country into their music, making for a very original sound.

Song Critique: 01. "Love Don't Live Here": the smash that started their career. 02. "Lookin' for a Good Time": the classic country theme: I don't want some big, long relationship, I'm just lookin' for a good time. 03. "All We'd Ever Need": beautiful, that's all. 04. "Long Gone": decently written, so country. 05. "I Run to You": bigtime pop mix, lyrics sort of weak on verses, good theme. 06. "Love's Lookin' Good on You": as a guy, I can't say much on this song without sounding gay. 07. "Home Is Where the Heart Is": very well-written song, good theme. 08. "Things People Say": pretty decent. 09. "Slow Down Sister": great. 10. "Can't Take My Eyes Off You": cheesy!!! 11. "One Day You Will": excellent, good finish of the album!!! The main songwriters are: Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, and Hillary Scott, which just happens to be the same three people in the group. Writing their own songs in a good sign of a good band.

Good way to start a career, they'll go far. This album is weak at points, but all debuts tend to be. They wont make the same mistakes next time, trust me. Overall, this is a great album, a great sound, and great music. Not all 10s great, but great. Sincerely, Guitarslinger "Bringing Country to UG"

MusicIsMySoul45
    I really wish guitar players would like at country music more seriously. Check out some of Brad Paisley's insane guitar work. Country music is filled with the just as much complexity as almost any other genre. People hear "country" and immediately turn away. That's really too bad.
    kellen.dobmeier
    EmancipatedSoul
    I'm sure that most people don't just ignore or shun country. Ever thought that maybe it's just that the majority don't like it? Either way; I'll admit that country has some good guitar, but It's not my style. I don't like country at all.
    Rock1986
    kellen.dobmeier wrote: There are EXCELLENT country artists such as: Paisley Urban Eric Church Eli Young Band Lady Antabellum Justin Moore the list goes on.... seriously people, don't ignore Country. You'll find some solid shit.
    to quote the great Jeff Spicoli... "THOSE GUYS ARE FAGS!!!"
    blueboxdoctor
    all I'll say is that Jimmie Dale Gilmore is considered country and his music is quite diverse. definitely worth checking out if you're interested in alternative country that's not that popular.