Illwill review by Lake of Tears

• Released: Apr 29, 2011
Lake of Tears: Illwill

Although the release date set on this album (Ilwill) is 29th April, there are already songs from the album uploaded on YouTube. Swedish gothic and doom metal influenced band has done once again a very good work. I can't really say it's a masterpiece of their albums, because all of the albums sounds so good and unique. I can't really say that they play doom metal nor gothic metal or rock or whatever. Their style is unique and that's what I like about them. Their unique sound, vocalist's voice, their easily recognisable guitar melodies. I was afraid they would change their style or sound in the new album, but they didn't. And the songs still don't sound like the ones before. They are all different from each other. There are 10 songs on the album + 3 songs recorded live. A really great art of music.

The themes of the lyrics are the same as in the previous albums. Depressive, dark, and very emotional. You can see that from the titles of the songs already. Sometimes I really have a feeling there's something terribly wrong with the lyrics writer. I like the way the lyrics can touch you in the emotional way. However maybe it would be nice if they wrote some lyrics that are not so depressive.

My overal impression is pretty good, maybe I should say awesome. The Lake of Tears stayed true to themselves and not to the music industry. You should definitely check the song Illwill to get the impression of the band. I love the melodies and strong guitar riffs and I can't wait to see the next album even though this one has not been released yet.

Lion_Slicer
    Depressive IS a word, actually, and the perfect one to characterize doom metal. Besides that, this review isn't very descriptive at all.
    EpiExplorer
    I like doom metal, but this album is piss. Its taken more influence from 'boogie' than actual doom metal.
    fuarkman
    sergiozaciu wrote: first things first. depressive... not a word
    Check the dictionary