As The Palaces Burn review by Lamb of God

• Released: May 6, 2003
Lamb of God: As The Palaces Burn

Lamb Of God have got the ultimate combination in guitar and vocal sound which complement each other so well, Randy Blythe has one intense and definitive of guttural voice which crushes the listener with 100% power. Every song on this album has at least 2 or 3 parts that bring hairs up on the back of your neck, especially where the instrumental sections are concerned, which have this awesome way of moving from the main structure of the song and going into some murderous riffage, and pulling you back in to the song, keeping the songs fresh and worth pressing the repeat button for. This record carries a huge number of thrash elements and LOG have thrown them around and made something darker, complex, and simply awesome, out of them all.

Although I haven't heard every LOG album to date, this album contains some very well written lyrics, Blythe has created an epic depiction of God, War, and Country, without being too brutal, with the metaphors in his words, this album has some very strong statements about his government and current events. And as I mentioned beforehand, Blythe's vocals are great, he doesn't change to clean vocals on this album; so the intensity is always there, unless there are spoken parts, which are also awesome. The only problem I can see with the vocals is in the mixing and how they are sometimes difficult to hear because of the great quality of the instrument recording.

As The Palaces Burn is a killer CD and one of a kind. Lamb Of God have, overall, done a fantastic job with writing this album. Some of the best songs are a little short, like the Title Track, which has you gasping for more when you reach the next song, however, other great songs include "11th Hour," "For Your Malice," "A Devil In God's Country," "Ruin" and the finisher "Vigil." I just love the variation and strength in the songs on this album, not a weak number in sight. As I said before the only thing I dislike is the mixing of the vocals and instruments, but it is tolerable. If something would happen to this album I would probably get it again. It's that good. Now go hear it for yourselves!

LucasGtrGod
    McKillswitch wrote: I fcked this CD, i love it that much
    lol, that hole in the middle is pretty small though. but an awesome cd it is.