Ashes of the Wake review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake

Lamb Of God is an awsome band defintly my favorite. They really got cheaped on this album. The guitar work in itself is awsome I love that idiot who said they can't play is full of it. The drum work is good also however the recording sucks. The sound would be so much better if you took the same awsom music and recorded it better. Also the mixing sucks too the mixing on the album didn't go over well at all. If you take the same stuff and record it better you get a 5 out of 5 but the recording and mixing really drags the album down. But the awesome guitar work, sweet drumming, great riffs, and awesome inspiring leads are just well incredible.

The lyrics are defintly good. I love them the overall sound is creepy, cool, wierd, intresting and awsome. The actual words being said are perfect Randy weaves a tapistry of insane growling. He spits out political, and emotional great stuff. The only thing I don't like is that his screaming is a 10 out of 5 but you can only scream to a certain point. The only guy I can listent to scream constantly is Max Cavalara (excuse any mispeling) from Sepultura.

I love this album defitnely perfect its excellent. The album burn the priest was awsome but the follow up AS The Palaces Burn beat the hell out of it and now Ashes Of The Wake beats that down. Every song is awsome but my favorites are Laid To Rest, The Faded Line, Omerta, One Gun, Break You, Ashes Of The Wake, and Remorse Is For The Dead.