Ashes of the Wake review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake

This is one of the best CDs I own. Ashes of the Wake is hard to put into words. You can't label it. The sound is incredible. Willie and Mark's guitar playing continues to evolve, and they just keep getting better. The masterpiece instrumental "Ashes Of The Wake," which features Alex Skolnek from Testament and Chris Poland from Megadeth can attest to this. The drums are also incredible. This is the best metal band since Slayer if you ask me.

As the world continues to get more f--ked up, Randy's lyrics keep getting better. His voice is simply incredible. Nothing less. The lyrics in "Laid to Rest", "Now You've Got Something To Die For," "Hourglass" and "Omerta" can attest to this. I can't stress enough how great his lyrics are... he's a genius.

This is one of the best albums I own. By far. The songs are incredible, the sound, the lyrics... it's just great. The best song is Laid to Rest. Hourglass is great also - Lamb Of God refer to it as "The song that never remains the same" because of its constant progressions. There really isn't anything I dislike about this album. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another. Perfect 10/10. Lamb Of God are truly at the front of the New Wave Of American Heavy Metal. If you don't have this album, pick it up. And check out As The Palaces Burn, New American Gospel and Burn the Priest while you're at it - all of their albums own.