Ashes of the Wake review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake

In my opinion Lamb Of God is an extremely talented band. Some people say that Randy's singing really sucks or something like that but when you actually think about it his singing is very well done and it suits the music. His grinding voice goes along quite well with Mark and Willie's grinding guitars, and Chris's heavy drumming along with their bass player (can't remember his name). If you like heavy metal or thrash metal whatever you want to call it definatly pick this one up it's worth the money right from start to finish.

Randy does a really good job with the lyrics and they arent just random emo screaming, they actually have meaning to them. The lyrics are mostly about the war on Iraq and other wars. The lyrics are very unique because the incorperate different ways of discribing what they are talking about using different phrases and words like "A slip of the tounge! A slit of the throat!" or "The blood's on the wall, so you'd might as well just admit it. And bleach out the stains, commit to forgetting it." or "Bombs to set the people free, blood to feed the dollar tree. Flags for coffins on the screen, oil for the machine." Overall the lyrics are done very good and fit surprisingly well with everything else.

I listen to a lot of different bands anywhere from Slipknot and Disturbed to the Eagles or Led Zeppelin and I would say that this album definatly ranks up in either 1st or 2nd place amung the other cds I own. My favorite songs off this cd are probably: Now You've Got Something To Die For, Hourglass, Omerta, Remorse Is For The Dead, Ashes Of The Wake (insturmental that is actually really neat cause the got a few other people from other bands to play solos) and of course Laid To Rest. Overall this is a great cd and I recommend it to anyone that likes heavy music with great guitar riffs, drums and singing. Even if you only like Lamb Of God a little bit but arent quite sure if you should spend the money on this album definatly pick this one up I'm sure you will like it.