Ashes of the Wake review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake

In my opinion that this album cemented Lamb of God as one of the best metal bands today. The track list is an nonstop onslaught of death/new metal. From the first single "Laid to Rest" to the acoustic introduction of "Remorse For The Dead" and my favorite track "Hourglass", all the tracks are insanely good. They are all extrememly tight and complex, Mark Morton and Willie Adler came up with some killer riffs on this album. Randy, Chris, and John also lay down some killer tracks, everything is incredible.

The lyrics on this album are a great improvement from the days of Burn The Priest, and even from New American Gospel. They seem to be more thought out, and have a very deep meaning. Not to mention that Randy's vocals aremuch clearer on this album than on the previous 2. The aggression in the lyrics are equal to the aggression in the music.

This album blows away the other two, they're not bad, but this album is incredible. Lamb Of God really stepped up the music and the lyrics on this album. What do I love about it? Everything. What do I hate nothing? Nothing, seriously. Oh, and if someone stole this album, I'd kill them. Don't mess with my Lamb Of God.

RainbowGuitar42
    Hey, guys, It's ok for GuitarGeek706 to say what he wants to. You should respect that. He just described some of the negative parts of the album together so that some people may be aware of what they will be listening to. Some may not want to buy it after all, or maybe they will find it disappointing, just like GuitarGeek706. Others that are dissing him, you can like LOG, and not have to shoot someone down just because they think differently. Just be cool with what others want to say, unless it offends you yourself. By the way, this is a really good album and I can play Remorse Is For The Dead start to finish! Peace out, y'all! This is also my first day as a member! How Fun!