Ashes of the Wake review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake

First off, the sound is amazing. From the opening riff to the closing cymbal bash, this album bleeds Metal. They really mixed this well or something because by far Ashes is the best sounding album when played on a CD Player. Not that Sacrament, As Palaces Burn, and New American Gospel are any worse, it just the audio is extremely crisp and sounds awesome on Ashes.

Most of the lyrics on Ashes are like the ones on N.A.G or Palaces. But some of them have a new sound to them. For instance the marine in the Song Ashes of The Wake or Hourglass. All in all, Lamb Of God sticks to similar lyrics while pounding out great sounding music all of the time(or most of it). So all I can say is if you've heard the others, then you can look toward something similar in Ashes. Nonethless Ashes does continue to sound different then all of the other albums.

In comparison to other artists of the genre L.O.G pulls this one off for sure. In Guitar World I think Chris Adler was quoted as saying: "It's hard for us to do a new tour because every time we go out we end having to play at least one or two songs from Ashes of Wake" or somewhat like that. The reason they have to keep playing them again is because they are good. Honestly there really aren't any songs I would skip at all on this CD. The most impressive songs on this album would probably be Hourglass, Laid To Rest and Omerta. What I love about Ashes is that no matter how many times you listen to it, you will always come back to it sometime. I found that quite common for me with Lamb Of God.

nAILZ
    There live show was ****ing amazing. Fucking brilliant vocals! Great mosh
    angels side
    jwb89 wrote: GuitarGeek706, you must be ****ing crazy. This album has got to be the best metal album in recent years. Lamb of God truly deliver the goods. Thier a lot better than other pussy bands that pass for metal such as Killswitch Engage,Atreyu or As I lay Dying.
    I love this album and LOG is a pretty decent band. but AILD and Atreyu rock also.they are probably better than LOG..... No, they are better then them. I like this album way better than any of there other ones but i think that music with meaning behind it is better. So just shut up about the other metalcore bands out there, beacause a lot of them are probably better than these guys.
    ed0ng
    moshing with 6"something bastud's is not a good idea, specially when ur only 5"4'. trust me. yet it's worth it.
    stumtk
    Hey guys, go on youtube.com and look up mark morton. then theres a video of him beating the shit out of randy blythe whos drunk as hell. and for some reason, randys wearing a skirt.
    DUUUUUDE its a ****ing kilt!!!! Im scottish and i hate it when people call it a kilt but yeah i dont hate you so hahaha its off of the killadelphia dvd.
    boyan89
    guitargeek what ever the **** the last thing is...ummmm Megadeth are amazing!!but man why the **** Lamb of God they are just one of the best metal bands to come out of the ****ing scene and you know what i would like to see you ****ing say they play amps with kazoos right to their face see what the ****ing think and Megadeth are good but if randy's blythes lyrics suck!!why are metalhaeds around 2day listening to LOG everywhere..i dont consider you a metalhead im sorry your a ****ing fag!!