Killadelphia [DVD] Review

artist: Lamb of God date: 06/09/2006 category: compact discs
Lamb of God: Killadelphia [DVD]
Released: June 21, 2005
The disc consists of footage filmed during the bands performance at Philadelphia's Trocadero in October 2004. In addition to the 70+ minute concert footage, Killadelphia includes over 2 hours of uncensored behind-the-scenes footage taken throughout the Ashes of Wake touring cycle.
 Content: 9.8
 Production Quality: 9.6
 9.5
 9.8
 9.2
Killadelphia [DVD] Reviewed by: jumpmanhat, on july 05, 2005

Sound: I love Lamb Of God as most other metalheads do. I mean, these guys are incredible to headline the tour, "Sounds Of The Underground" which is eleven hours of full on metal. I would say that this band has some of the most creative and influential guitar works in the history of metal. This DVD in my opinion was amazing. It makes me watch it again and again. // 10

Overall Impression: I got this DVD because it was my B-day. My friend/band member (bassist) got it for me because I couldn't go to Sounds Of The Underground. And now that I saw the DVD makes me wanna kill to see them but I cant because of reasons. So listen to me, if you can, you get to go and check them out. As for this DVD, I would say that this is half live show and half Some Kind Of Monster (if you know what I mean). Anyways, one of best band DVD I've ever seen. // 10

Killadelphia [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2005

Sound: Well the sound on this DVD is heavy hitting thrash metal from Lamb Of God. If you aren't a listener of them then let me elaborate: Randy Blythe's vocals are like an earthquake to the ears, Mark Morton and Willie Adler's guitar play just slices you to pieces, John Campbells bass skills make it seem like you got hit in the stomache with a sledgehammer, and Chris Adler on drums is like putting the worlds best marksman on a. 50 Caliber machine gun-He absolutely slays. Other than their music the other parts of the DVD showing them on tour really makes you feel like you know the guys. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a great DVD with an insight to Lamb of God's music and true nature. This DVD doesn't leave out the stuff that happens when a band is on the road like most DVDs, and unlike most other band DVDs this one doesn't make you fall asleep. I would highly recommend that you buy it even if you aren't that much of a Lamb Of God fan. If it were stolen I'd get it back, and if it were lost I'd buy a new one most definately. // 10

Killadelphia [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 03, 2005

Sound: This band has yet outstounded me again. I thought it was great, all music I right now is inspired by Mark Morton and his crew. The story in this is a reality to how hard it is to make it as a successful metal band and all the bagage that comes along with it and how the tention was so much that it brings guitarist Mark Morton and Vocalist Randall Blythe into a fist fight. They used there same old thrash and death metal (sounding like they were inspired by Slayer) style as they have before. If you liked this I suggest you read the LOG of Lamb Of God in guitar world magazine. // 9

Overall Impression: This by far owns all of there other CD's they put out. This is by far the best DVD I have seen all year. The whole DVD kept me in aww. I love this DVD, if it was legal I would mary it. If it was stolen I would sloter who ever took it but if I couldnt find him I would go buy it again. // 10

Killadelphia [DVD] Reviewed by: Flametop001, on november 10, 2005

Sound: Lamb Of God's sound is unlike any other. They are definately the new Slayer with visceral guitar work and pounding drums. Killadelphia shows how Lamb Of God lives on the road with good times and bad times. There are many great LOG songs that are featured in the live concert footage such as Black Label and Laid to Rest. Pretty good stuff. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this DVD? Awesome. Everything about it was great, and I've watched it 3 times now, everytime noticing something I didn't before. I love every minute of it. If it were stolen or lost I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. // 10

Killadelphia [DVD] Reviewed by: SlAyTaNiC_CAC, on june 09, 2006

Sound: In this DVD the sound qualiy is awesome and the musicianship is also really good. Some of the songs they play at this show sounds better then when they acually recorded them (Terror and Hubris). // 10

Overall Impression: My overall Impression of this DVD is a perfect 10 out of 10. I loved everything on this DVD and of all the DVDs I own this one is definetly the best one I have. If this was stolen or I lost it I would Definetly buy it again. Any true Lamb Of God fan has to get this album if you already don't have it. // 10

Comments