Sacrament review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
Lamb of God: Sacrament

At first, it sounds like just another Lamb of God album (which of course is far from bad) but when you start to really get into the songs you find out that it's actually much more. The guitar work done by Willie and Mark is still classic LOG but it's more orchestrated and it allows one to catch on to songs easier. And we all know Chris Alder is the bomb drummer! They called upon Machine to produce this album because they wanted an outside perspective (non-metal) on their sound and I think it really paid off. It creats the perfect blend of blunt heaviness and catchy solid riffs that you can really get stuck in your head.

I've allways loved Randy Blythe's vocals but I was never a huge fan of his lyrics because it was never really something you could relate to on a personal level. Well with Sacrament he really changed that, for the first time in their history he actually wrote personal songs that we can all get into. About being angery with specific people, your normal metal stuff, and he of course puts it together and addes his touch and makes it just plain nasty. When I heard "Redneck", the first single I was afraid that he had permantly changed to that Pantera type of singing but as I listened to the rest of the album my fears were distingueshed as I heard his produce his low death metal growls along with his high screeches. Defantly his best work.

I think they took a huge step in the right direction. This album is a lot more listenable, and the songs stand out more then it just sounding like LOG, you can actually quickly pick up on the different songs. Again We Rise is defantly my favorite song from the album is it shows Randy actually being angery instead of telling us how some prophecy will be fulfilled. And if it was lost I'd be really pist, but then I'd get to buy it all over again!