Sacrament review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
Lamb of God: Sacrament

The sound is incredible. The consistent guitar riff changes and the way Chris Adler (drummer) can keep up and the way it all fits together so perfectley. The Bassist also really good in this. It's amazing how the bassist can keep up. This band (in my opinion) has some of the best guitarists in the music industry and one of the best bassists.

The lyrics are really cool. The song that really stood out to me was "Again We Rise" because the lyrics are really good. You can look at this song in various ways but I like to look as it as if it were directed toward Bush because of this line in the song, "A thousand yard stare across the south, a full belly and a lying mouth, Momma's boy plays heretic, the real thing would kill you quick." Overall the lyrics are extremely good and they fit well with the music.

Overall this was an amazing CD. The sound was amazing and the way that the lyrics fit together with the music is really awesome. Everything on this record fits together so well. I wasn't really a Lamb of God fan untill I bought this record and then I was hooked on them. If this was ever lost or stolen I would deffinatley go out and buy it again. If you're looking for a good album to buy go out and buy this one.

Line666III
    I think Lamb Of God went all out on this album...their guitar work.....in my personal opinion is much better on this album.. i personally love to play any Lamb Of God song...but the new album is much more fun
    sub xerox
    they really do deserve the title of " PURE AMERICAN METAL " all the way . best album i heard the whole year
    eetfuk58
    It took me a little while to get into lamb of god, but i always realized how much talent they had. I was a bit more into playing bodom and stuff but these guys really know how to rock. sacrament is a great cd!
    Perpetual Burn
    The first track Walk With Me In Hell is hands down the best song on Sacrament. Beginning with a repeating guitar riff that almost feels akin to a grittier, steroid-pumped Sweet Child O Mine intro approach... wow Ug's right.
    jesuswalked2008
    best metal album oif the year but i must admit...i expected more from lamb of god. PURE AMERICAN METAL!!!
    ChrissyChiChi
    'NFFC_1865 : IN my opinion Lamb Pf God is a boring, generic band.' If you listen to any of the following then just kill yourself, i really mean that in all seriousness as i lay dying, killswitch engage, autumn offering, it dies today, as blood runs black etc etc, they all are ****ing identical download some random guitar pro files from each band and compare them,copy a few riffs from each and paste them into a new file, you will see they are indistinguishable, no unique style to them at all. Lamb of God however even if you do not like the style they have, you cannot call them generic, their riffs are instantly distinguishable and i can think of no other band that sounds like them, check out some of their tabs and compare with the previously mentioned ones, you will see how varied and imaginitive their riffing is, straying past the frets 5 7 and 8 which the others stick so religiously too.
    ashesofthewake
    boyan89 wrote: how about stop labeling them and just call them ****ing true metal!!and yes LOG are amazing and i agree with Line666lll the guitar work is the best here the solos are insane and when has a LOG record disappointed?!?!me it nvr has i listened to all of them 2day and Sacrament is the best by far,then AOTW, then ATPB, then its NAG.
    then BTP.
    boyan89
    BlindKoRnKid603
    COBHCinsanity wrote: Blacken the Cursed Sun is ****in epic the first time you hear it
    I second that notion! It's ****in' apocalyptic!
    Dr. Knox666
    Damn it! This album is hard as fukk! Walk with me in Hell is definetely the best song. What an insane riff! Sacrament is they're best album without a doubt (besides ATPB). PS.: There's a nice fight scene on youtube with Randy Blythe and Mark Morton when they're drunk!
    Kiotaka
    just picked up this today (i know I'm late) but damn this album just kicks so much ass. And I though Ashes of the Wake was there best...
    Triviumfan54
    yeah i think the dvd was a nice insight into the lives of this band, as sometimes just getting the record can kinda dehumanise the members but this added a really nice touch as you got to know the characters of the band and the way the functioned; also KICK ASS ALBUM!
    Dark-Light_-
    I can't see how people can say the sacrament is shit, it's an excellent album, I love it, it's got such a dark tone to it, and to serkorn above me, the DVD is ****ing excellent, I love the very end, it made me laugh
    extrememetal129
    Yeah a great ****ing album. But how in a hell this is a black metal album? It's death/thrah and you get metalcore.