Sacrament review by Lamb of God

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
Lamb of God: Sacrament

This was one of Lamb of God's best records, mainly because of the overall sound that this record has. My first impression of Lamb of God was this "Pure American Metal" band from my hometown good old Richmond, VA. The overall sound of this record is so awesome, The tracks "Redneck", "Walk With Me In Hell" are real thrashers, crow favorites to play live. Mark and Willie reall outstande me whilest I was listening to this record, Randy's voice is just so deep, and penatrating. It really gets you pumped and ready before a game or an event. When Lamb of God plays "Pathetic" live, it's the most stomatch churing experiance I've ever had, overall, this album sound is a sure 10.

Not much to explain about the lyrics in this record, just that it's Randy at his absolute best! His growls and highs in "Walk With me In Hell" while the band around him is speeding up the pace for the chorus is awesome, and it'll make you want to bang your head. Such powerful lyrics like "Never held down, never restrainted" Was a line from "Foot to the Throat" one of the best verses in the record, if you ask me.

Lamb of God overall is a great band. They come from the city of Richmond, VA which, if you look into it, not many bands are from VA that actually go big, besides GWAR and Lamb. I think that's why Lamb of God has a bunch of respect, I mean, "Oh this band just went big, where they from? Cali, Texas?, No, Virginia, "wtf".. That's what happens now, and Lamb of God surely proved that Richmond rocks too. Overall this record was great, being one of their newer ones, it's still a journey through metal, and muscians would really appreciate this record. Overall, it gets my vote as a 9.

KoK_Guitarist
    Has any one every tried to use the drum tracks from the producer's edition of that album and try to record with your own tunes?? i've tried if before and it's pretty fun to experiment. you should definetly try it