Walk With Me In Hell [DVD] review by Lamb of God

• Released: Jul 1, 2008
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Lamb of God: Walk With Me In Hell [DVD]

The sound quality on this DVD is great. In the live concert footage you can hear every instrument very well, with no instrument louder than another. The songs that were selected for the concerts are some of my personal favorites. Most of the songs played throughout the film are from the "Sacrament" album, with few older songs.

Content — 8
There are two discs included in the set; the first disc is the actual feature film, with live concert footage and scene selections as bonus features. The second disc contains a seperate full-length film entitled "Making of Sacrament", showing the behind-the-scenes footage of how the record was made. Disc two also includes bonus features such as the full live set at the Download Festival. So it is as if you are getting two feature films, which is very cool. Both films are exciting and enjoyable to watch. The feature presentation does not include as much live footage in the actual film as "Killadelphia", which is a downside. It shows "snippets" of live songs, rather, making the film a documentary rather than a concert DVD.

Production Quality — 9
The film actually shows the process of making a record, which contributes to the production of the actual film. The visual quality is very high, and the only minor issue with my personal DVD is that it skips once for a few seconds, which is a permanent issue for me. This may or may not be an issue for everyone, but it happens every time I watch the DVD, which is a problem for me personally.

This DVD compares to the band's last DVD, "Killadelphia" in the sense that they both equally show the struggles of being a performer and the pressure that the band has to deal with, but it deals more with the making of the album and the issues dealt with while performing live rather than being on the road. I wish the DVD would have had some more concert footage, rather than bits of pieces, but that is about it. This is overall a very entertaining DVD and I would reccomend it to anyone who is a fan of the band or just wants to see what it really is like being in a metal band on tour.

superjoint2112
    lamb of god are pretty amazing, i wouldn't call them my favorite metal band of the last little while cause clearly my vote is with Mastodon there but from these reviews I guess I'll have to check this dvd out
    Aric666
    i love lamb of god more now. this dvd makes me want to practice so much harder. and want to get a tiger head!
    eetfuk58
    great dvd. personally i love it, instead of comparing it to killadelphia i just consider it a 3 disk set, seeing as how it started right where killadelphia left off. amazing!!!!
    666JakeY666
    lol. SO WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE DELETED SCENES?! i hope they dont mean at the end of "Making of Sacrament" when John and Willie are playing with Doug's camera. And Willie's taking a shit n showing his balls n jumping over a truck lol. Took me ages to find the hidden stuff on Killadelphia (:
    whiteshadow15
    I was somewhat reluctant to buy this DVD considering the fact that all the music DVD's I've bought in the past just haven't been worth the dollar. Before I bought this DVD, I thought Lamb of God were OK, but now I love them and listen to them every day. This DVD only costs around $15, but it is worth at least $30. It's that packed with material. If you like Lamb of God even remotely, pick this one up.