Wrath review by Lamb of God

• Released: Feb 24, 2009
Lamb of God: Wrath

After the album 'Sacrement', Lamb of God decided not to fuss over the editing so much this time round, in fact when interviewed they said that they decided to leave some mistakes in, just 'cos they sounded cool. With that in mind, I was expecting something pretty decent, maybe not as good as Sacrament, something raw sounding and possibly noticable mistakes. What I found was I hardly noticed the few mistakes as I was too busy headbanging, or staring upwards in extacy when a riff shreaded around the house. I feel the album is much better than Sacrement, it just has a better feel to it, however I would have liked to see them mix up the sound a bit more as some songs can begin to sound a bit samey.

The way the lyrics are vocalised fits extremly well with the aggressive tones of the guitars. People new to the genre will most likely be put off by the harsh vocals used by Lamb of God, however those more accustom to their sound will be moshing into next week. I much prefere the way he sounds now compared to previous albums and around the 'Burn the Priest' period, I feel that his lower voice fits more with the music.

Fantastic album, I would recommend this to anyone who has bought previous albums and enjoyed them. The only thing I would watch out for is towards the end it sounds a bit samey, but just crank it up and you probably wont even notice. Everything to Nothing was definatly the one in enjoyed most. Also The Passing and Grace are brilliant, but don't be fooled by their slow, calm intro's.