Creation Cycle review by Landforge

Landforge: Creation Cycle

Landforge is the one man band formed by Stephan Carter, better known on UG as entity0009. He has been working on this project for some time, and it was finally completed and released on May 21st, 2011. It was released on Bandcamp with a pay what you want pricing plan, meaning people can pay whatever they wish to download the album, even nothing at all. The best way to describe the album is post rock/metal, with doom metal influenced throughout the track list. The instrumentation used is not unlike most of today's music; guitar, bass, drums, and synths. The music itself is full of ambient synths and guitars, with drums in the background, usually not playing in any particular pattern. The entirety of the album has a creepy vibe to it, sometimes stronger in some places than others, but it is none the less present in most places on this album.

All of the tracks on the album are instrumentals. No lyrics to be found.

Overall, this is a very strong effort for an amateur, unsigned artist. The production value is very high, save for the drums, which are arranged samples rather than recordings from an actual kit. This makes the cymbals, particularly the high-hat, a bit repetitive in sound, but this should not detract from your enjoyment of this album. My personal favorite song was Wheat, as it is simultaneously beautiful in its dissonance, and devastatingly heavy. Following closely behind it was Archipelago, that while more straightforward than the other songs on the album, it did not detract from its awesomeness. Finally, the album can be downloaded and listened to here.

Antis0cial
    Sometimes I dream of dolphins and kittens, When that happens I put on this album and it makes sure to get those nasty thoughts out, and make me a doomy bastard again. Great production value and the tracks convey a unique atmosphere.
    EpiExplorer
    I love this stuff, been really getting into prog/sludge/post-hardcore too, stuff like Cold Dead Body and Generation of Vipers, but its best as instrumental.
    Disturbdkornkid
    It's been a while since I've found a good band from reviews on UG. Very glad I saw this today. Awesome stuff, definitely gonna buy it.
    The_Casinator
    It's so doom and awesome, you won't even notice you're listening to something that has "totally not cool and kvlt post rock influences". Take that, you silly elitists.