Pure Chewing Satisfaction Review

Lard: Pure Chewing Satisfaction
Release Date: May 13, 1997
Label: Alternative Tentacles
Genres: Industrial Metal
Lard's Pure Chewing Satisfaction is a dark, frightening look at everything wrong with America. The lyrics are pessimistic and apocalyptic in the extreme.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Pure Chewing Satisfaction Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 13, 2008

Sound: Yes sireee another helping of Lard! This time it's different. Heavier than The Last Temptation Of Reid, but oddly cold too. Listening to it though, you begin to understand that's what Lard was aiming for. The music is so much like real metal, it is cold to feel like real metal. It definately expands Lard's musical style. // 8

Lyrics: Biafra's greatness shines brightly with Al providing a few lyrics for 'Mangoat'. Personally the lyrics are as meaning full as ever, but sadly all too true. Lyrics to I wanna be a drug sniffing dog are great and you would actually almost mistake Biafra as having lived as a snake to write Sidewinder. // 9

Overall Impression: Pure Chewing Satisfaction shouldn't be an album. Lard should have created a super album by fusing it together with The Last Temptation of Reid because it just feels so cold to listen to. Every song is great but they don't flow so easily as those on T.L.T.O.R. but I give this an overall impression of 9 because of some true classics: I Wanna Be A Drug Sniffing Dog - got my parents worried when I played that for the first time. Mangoat - utter madness made into a song, about a mangoat that shaves people? Generation Execute - now this song actually makes industrial metal what it is, industrial! Somehow they managed to get what sounds like a big hegnasaw cutting metal of somekind to provide background sounds. It sounds so awesome it feels like yours might start bleeding. Sidewinder - a song that hasn't really got much of a tune, but that monotony works great with the lyrics and voice of Biafra. I'm not sure if it's true but it sounds like Biafra recorded about 3 different vocals to it, and played them all over the top of the music. Sounds fantastic! // 9

Comments