Dans Med Svara Steg Review

Released: 1996
Genre: Folk-Rock, Acoustic
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Dans Med Svara Steg Reviewed by: zaclin937, on august 09, 2013

Sound: This is the first real album released by Lars Winnerback. He had, before this album, released several demo tapes and a single with his punkband Snoddas. When the band Snoddas no longer existed Lars went his own way and created his first album "Dans Med Svara Steg" in 1996. One would believe that the album contains strong punk-influences since he was a punk-rocker but it doesn't. This album is more of a folk-rock/acoustic album. The budget for the recording sessions wasn't that high since Lars couldn't afford that but I think that's good because you can really hear what a talented guitarist he is. On other albums you can't here that since more instruments are used on them. Overall the sound is good. It's perhaps not the best sound, but the music and the mix of songs compensate for that. // 7

Lyrics: Lars is a very talented songwriter and we notice that one this album which contains thirteen songs he has written by himself. It's songs about love, songs about misery, songs about friendship and even more. He sings his songs with a lot of feeling and I believe that it's because he has been been in all of those situations that he sings about. I would like to give the lyrics a 10, but we can't deny the fact that Lars isn't a very good singer. Many people think that he sings very boring and I can agree with that. Sometimes he can be a little bit boring, but on the other hand that is exactly what fits to some of the songs. Even though Lars isn't the best singer I would like to say that this album contains some of his best singing. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said, the album contains some of Lars best singing and, I would like to say, his best guitar playing skills. The album contains thirteen songs and almost every single song is worth to listen to. The album's most famous song is "Kom Anglar" which is a song about unhappy love. Lars sings that he met a girl and he wanted to give her his heart but she didn't take it and now his heart is slowly freezing to ice. It's one of the best songs on the album. Even though there are a lot of good songs there also some songs that isn't. We have for example the song "Fenomena" which is a song that contains lyrics that are tricky to understand and the music in the song is very boring. It doesn't happen anything in the song and it's just a very poor song to end the album with. That is quite a downer. But to summarise the review I think the best way to describe this album is to say that: It's an album with a good songwriter who sings fairly good and uses a lot of feelings in songs. I recommend this album. It's good.

// 8