Houses of the Holy review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Mar 28, 1973
Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy

The sound and music is great it, it goes from anywhere from rock to folk to even regge. The guitar work is amazing as well as solid vocals, bass, and drums. Although if you were aroudn when this frist came out it might have been a major disappointment because this came out after there best album "IV". Which is why I'm rating it 4 because it's not like IV but it's a good over all look at the ZEP when they were at their prime.

the lyrics are great just listen to song like "Over the hills and far away", "d'yer mak'er", "The ocean", "The Song remains the same" and you'll get the idea. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were one of the best song writting team of the 70s and of the history of music.

Overall its a great album but if you're expecting something like "IV" you may be disappointed, but it's still an amazing album. My favorite songs on this album are "Over the hills and far away" "d'yer mak'er" and "the ocean". If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again. And is worth checking out. But again if you're expecting something like "IV" don't get it, have an open mind when listening to it because it's one of there best albums.