Houses of the Holy review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Mar 28, 1973
Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy

Released in early 1973 as the last of the Led Zeppelin albums that would be released and produced by Atlantic Records, this was a sure good album to end their contract with the company. The sound of this album is much more progressive than their others. It has a softter more mellow sound yet flows so well the the harder and louder sound.

The songs on this album have amazing lyrics, Plant and the other members of the band did a great job song writing, yet, while even the lyrics are quite simple they still become quite catchy and I find myelf singing along with the music. They also did a good job setting the mood of the lyrics with the music and Plant's voice never ceases to amaze me.

This album has some really great songs, such as D'yer Mak'er, Dancing Days, Over The Hills And Far Away, and The Rain Song, I also like the guitar Jimmy Page has on Song Remains The Same, It's so incredible it's like an orchestra of music in his fingers. Overall all the songs on the album are great, the mood is just so much different than of what I'm used to from Zeppelin, and I just absolutely love it.