Houses of the Holy review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Mar 28, 1973
Led Zeppelin: Houses of the Holy

Houses of the Holy has a huge sound variety. Tracks like Over the Hills Far Away and The Rain Song are acoustic, and as we know, Led Zeppelin is really good acoustically. Other songs, like The Song Remains The Same, Dancing Days and The Ocean are more fast paced and not acoustic. And then there's the haunting synthesized instrumental part of No Quarter, which is my favourite song on this album!

Most Zeppelin songs tell a story, same with this album. The songs tell an event with a unique style of poetry. Robert Plant has so much emotion in his voice and uses his different tones a lot. The mood of the lyrics and music are perfect, and fit together well.

This is my second favourite Zeppelin album, my favourite being Led Zeppelin IV. This is most of my friend's favourite Led Zeppelin album and I can easily see why. It's a really good album with a bunch of different styles, each one showing you how well the band can play. I would definately go buy this again if it went missing, as soon as I could. No Zeppelin fan should be without this album!