How The West Was Won review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won

This is the album that made me a ZoSo fan. First off, the quality of the sound itself is simply amazing considering that this is a live album. Jimmy Page perfectly mixed the tapes to bring you pure, unadultered Zeppelin. For those of you who are thinking of getting into zeppelin, this is the first set you should buy. If Pink Floyd's 'Wish you were here' was a tribute to Syd Barret then this set is a trubute to the late John Bonham who rules the stage with little more than a pair of wooden sticks.

The lyrics are pure Zeppelin all the way, from the screeching Heartbreaker, to the mellow Going to California. Love them or hate them this is it.

This album kicks all other Zeppelin albums, and all other live albums for that matter, ass. The first disc is definitely the best with all the essentials like Black dog, Heartbreaker, The immagrant song and Going to California, the second one is decent if your into mad solos with a 25 minute 'Dazed and confused' and a 19 minute 'Moby Dick' which showcases John Bonham's ethreal dumming skill. If I could give it a 6 I would.