How The West Was Won review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won

All through the CD the sound is clear and there is little audience interference with the sound. Also Robert Plants Vocal range is amazing (if you don't belive me listen to immigrant song for about a minute, you'll get the point I'm trying to make). John Paul jones plays a noticable bass throughout the whole CD compilation with complicated licks such as those on the whole lotta love meledley, perticularly the going down slow section. Jimmy Page plays some mean solos that compliment the melody in perfection. John Bonham, as always, plays the drums with ferocity and proves why he was the best drummer to have ever lived. Thier blues rock style is definatly combined so well with thier hard rock side that this album is a must for all Zeppelin fans.

Changes to the usual studio songs were impressive, medleys such as Whole Lotta Love/Boogie Chillun/Lets Have A Party/Hello Marylou/Going Down Slow is one of the most impressive that I have seen from them, again Robert's voice was amazing and his blues rock style of singing was perfect, Jimmy Robert and John Paul Jones are definatly the most talented songwriters that will ever live and this album proves it.

If you're a fan of Led Zeppelin, long time or just getting into them, this is the album to get. It's powerful from the begining and still manages to stay chill through out the CDs The only negative about this album is that there are 3 CDs in it because the songs are so long (but that's a good thing) if it was stolen or lost I would definatly buy it again or hunt down the bastard that stole it. Believe me you will want to buy this album, it's one of thier and if you don't buy you're missing out.