How The West Was Won review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won

Amazing sound, it represents Led Zeppelin at it's best. I read somewhere that when looking for footage for the Led Zeppelin DVD they stubbled apon these songs.

The lyrics were always amazing, the acoustic set (Going To california, that's the way and Bron Ar Yur Stomp) were a step forward for acoustic and the porch singing of Robert plant. The words were like he was reading a beautiful story. Of course stairway to heaven which cleverly hides the meaning of the song in clever wording. It was about getting lost in drugs and all that was going on at that time era. Over The Hills And Far Away of course was pretty cool to. Disc two had Dazed And Confused and the third disc had a twenty-five minute version of Whole Lotta Love. Robert Plant is still one of rock's great voice's.

When it comes to a live disc this can not be beat at least in the classic rock genre. I think that Stairway To Heaven, Over The Hills And Far Away, all of the acoustics, Dazed And Confused, Whole Lotta Love and the Ocean to me were by far the best. I don't hate anything and I love it because come on it's Led Zeppelin. If I lost it I would definetly rebuy it.

eltravo
    i beg to differ Anthrax=gods of thrash Metallica= gods of progressively shittier drumming
    Bloody Headache
    KingABX345 wrote: Led Zeppelin is amazing but they arin' the gods of rock METALLICA is the GOD of ROCK!!!!! Dazed and cnfused would hae to be my favorte song or mayb going to california
    Only ever compare Metallica to a ppile of dog excrement. Great album, Dazed and Confused live is just breathtaking.
    Tman1392
    the thing is led zeppelin and bands in their age paved the way for metallica. metallica has skills as a band, but some of their songs are as little too "powerful" for me =P. the only song i can truly say i like is enter sandman. this cd has to be in the top 10 live performance ever. it has some of the most amazing songs transitions, and i know jimmy and the gang did the purposely. in my opinion, studio songs from led zep arent that good, but live performances are legendary from them. like i said - this is one of the top 10 live's, but led zep is up there with the beatles (sorry for spellin if off, i just woke up =P)
    Page&HammettFan
    I love Metallica but they aren't anywhere near the level Led Zeppelin are on. This was easily the very best live album EVER!!! It contained the best version or Heartbreaker around (as well as the fact that it is hard to find, you need to get bootlegs otherwise), My favourite versions of Whole Lotta Love and Over the Hills and Far Away. Those both were amazing songs.
    notoriousnumber
    Stop bitching about Metallica and who is the best. THis is a cracking album, what else is there to say?
    Nhex (PT)
    Living-90s wrote: This Album was the best Live Album EVER!!!!!
    the best live album ever is deep purple made in japan my friend