How The West Was Won review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won

Although I like Zeppelin's music much better not live, this is a great live album. It consists of 3 discs and 18 songs with lenghs from 14 seconds to 25 minutes. Their styles on this album are mostly hard rock, but stairway to heaven starts out softer. My favorite song on this album is Dazed and Confused.

Personally, I think Robert Plant's singing is better on the album versions of most of these songs, but he sounds ok. The lyrics to every song on the album (except LA Drone, which doesn't have lyrics) go perfectly with the music, but Robert Plant could've done a better job on the singing.

The most impressive songs are Over the Hills And Far Away, Stairway to Heaven, Rock and Roll, and Bring it on Home. They have the best lyrics, and definately the most impressive guitar solos. The only thing I don't like about this album is the singing. Robert Plant sounds much better on the album version of these songs (except Stairway to Heaven, he sounds pretty much the same). But what I really like about it is how much better the guitar solos and fills sound live. Jimmy Page is much more impressive live than on any album version.

Wannabe Page!
    The BEST live album...along with: If You Want Blood, You've Got It - AC/DC Live Era: '87 - '93 - Guns N' Roses Made In Japan - Deep Purple Live Shit: Binge and Purge - Metallica Live at Woodstock - Jimi Hendrix These live albums are unbelievably great but HOW THE WEST WAS WON is just breathtaking. A Must buy for a rock 'n' roll fan
    Mojo89
    this is my faovrite zeppelin album period. Almost every song on here blows the original right out of the water.
    ltbalko
    This album is truly amazing! One of the best live albums of any band!
    Shuk
    After you listen to Bring It On Home, you won't be able to listen to the studio version anymore! This live album kicks ass!
    ZpplnFn92
    Yeah after listening to so many live recordings...I can't stand the studio versions of these songs, when they were live they were at their peak!
    ZpplnFn92
    Spartan 117 wrote: who wants to hear a 17 minute long drum solo?
    ummm..some one who really likes drums =) Other than that it is awesome