In Through The Out Door review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Jan 1, 1979
Led Zeppelin: In Through The Out Door

When one buys this album, they are saying to the world that they value all of Led Zeppelin's work. This is maybe the less hard rock/blues side to Led Zeppelin. With the acception of, "I'm Gonna Crawl," this album isn't really bluesy like they were before. I can best decribe the sound as mixing pop with smooth melodies. This sound is one that only Led Zeppelin can create and get away with it.

I thought the vocals were pretty good in this album. Robert Plant uses some nice lyrics with "In The Evening" and "All Of My Love." Plant had a stunning finish and ended his Led Zeppelin career with a bang. I really enjoyed hearing all of his songs and I will never get tired of them.

If you are the type of fan who just likes Led Zeppelin IV, stay clear of this album. Listeners who liked the blues of Led Zeppelin (or the casual fan) may want to reconsider purchasing this album. This is best enjoyed by the die hard fan, and if you have all the other Led Zeppelin albums, its worth to get this one and finish the collection.