In Through The Out Door review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Jan 1, 1979
Led Zeppelin: In Through The Out Door

First off what can I say it's Zeppelin. Now this is considered a bit off the usual track for Zeppelin, with one of the bigger influences being on John Paul Jones part. In my opinion this is one of their best, the album I will admit can be a matter of taste but it's pure genius and a personal favorite. With more organ and synth work and a slight twist, you get the great Zep experiance. The album artwork has a neat cover where a man is burning a "dear John" letter. Each album has a different photo from a different angle of the man in the bar.

The lyrics and the music is genius, and of course Robert Plant's voice is great, perhaps not so much compared to his earlier days, however his voice is purely amazing. I was able to connect and both enjoy the lyrics. Such as All My Love and Hot Dog. I consider Jimmy's playing to be great on the album, even though he was going through drug probelms during those years, his guitar, working with John Paul Jone's really created something special. The usual great riffage and some real emotion, again some of Jimmy's best guitar playing, but that's my opinion.

Comapred to other Zeppelin albums a lot of people may or may not like it, but I loved it and will say again this is a favorite, like I said taste but you can't not like it it's genius. All of the sonngs are great each one being different and special, which I really liked. Some songs that I really enjoyed included "In The Evening" which had one of the best guitar solos from the band, it really exemplified the emotional playing I mentioned earlier. Hot Dog was just plain fun what can I say. Some great musicianship going in to that, mixed with fun lyrics, however it may take some getting used to, it'll grow on you. Others are the powerfull synth pushed Carouselambra and a beutifully made All My Love. The rest of the songs such as I'm Gonna Crawl, South Band Saurez and Fool In The Rain just oush the greatness of this album. One of the best buys and best albums I have had, and yes I would buy another copy if it got stolen. I'd buy two copies just incase one got stolen again.

Doodleface
    the reason it had so many Keyboard tracks is because there were none on Presence. and its a rumour that some were supposed to be on the album, but Page deleted them. and this album is fantastic. if you like the more synth side of Zeppelin. Physical Graffiti is your next album.
    orange_juice
    Great album. Not my personal favourite but you can really tell it's their last album becasue it sounds really... expirienced. My #1 song on this album is Carouselambra.
    orange_juice