In Through The Out Door review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Jan 1, 1979
Led Zeppelin: In Through The Out Door

Everyone knows that Led Zeppelin is one of, if not the, greatest band of all time. Non-withstanding what I just said, they have put out some works that were less apealing than others. This, along with Led Zeppelin III, is one of them. I had owned every other Led Zeppelin album before this and was wowed by each of them (not so much III, but it's not that bad), and they are all better than this. The only problem with saying this album sucks is that it doesn't. It's just not up to the quality of the other albums.

The greatest thing about this album is that it has some great lyrics and Robert Plant's vocals are just as perfectly shrill as ever. Ther's not really much else I can say except that if you really the lyrical portion of Led Zeppelin's music (I assume you don't have Led Zeppelin I or II), this album's for you.

It should be noted that this album is heavily reliant on the lyrics rather than instrumental music. This really disappoints me because when I buy a Led Zeppelin album, I expect to have to work all night long trying to learn every riff to every song, but this just doesn't inspire me to even try. If you really want the best Zeppelin album, look elsewhere (like IV or Physical Grafitti). It this was lost or stolen, I don't think I would buy it again.

JimmyPage2247
    zeppelin's worst album will always be 100 times better than any other bands best album... having said that, this isn't their best but it isnt their worst either. i'd give it an 8.5/10 jpj is a beast on this album, and page wasn't as much of an influence as past albums. this is when he began struggling with drugs and because of this was not as focused on the band/music as previous albums.
    MLaMotta5992
    I honestky think physical graffiti was their best. Just siimply amazing. ANd how come Itunes has no Zeppelin? That pisses me off. Its all tributes.
    orange_juice
    itunes has no zeppelin becasue led zeppelin it's really hard to get the rights for selling their music. i dont think they support online sales very much.
    flippyfan1
    TheNextPage23 wrote: no, presence was probably their worst, this album is good, in the evening, all my love and fool in the rain are great songs
    presence was one of the best, dammit!
    jakethesnakeLP
    Some great songs in this album even if it wasnt heir best. I love "Fool in the Rain" and i believe the solo in 'Im Gonna Crawl" to be one of Page's best.
    joshgiesbrecht
    Led_Zeppelin992 wrote: this album is defintely zeppelins worst i'd have to say
    Worse than Presence? Presence is good considering it's Zeppelin, but, not better than ITOD
    MaggaraMarine
    I have to say my least favorite LZ album is their third album - it's a good album but IMO their weakest. ITTOD and Presence have great songs. Presence is their most "straight forward rock" album with really groovy hard rock songs. And ITTOD is more experimental and has some really cool songs. Though I don't really like Hot Dog (I know it's not that serious song but still). Carouselambra is just awesome. All My Love is also cool.