Led Zeppelin review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Mar 31, 1969
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin

This album my have been their debut but it showed just how amazingly talented each member is as a musician. With Robert Plant's unique high tenor vocals, Jimmy Page's amazing guitar work and John Paul Jones and John Bonham keeping a great rhythm each song is a work of art with a wide range of song types such as the slow, old school blues song 'You Shook Me' to hard hitting fast paced 'Communication Breakdown'. There is even an amazing instrumental named 'Black Mountain Side' which sounds like it's come straight from the East.

Despite having fantastic musical abilities the songs are basically about the same thing: a woman. If Led Zeppelin had written songs about other things that men haven't been writing about since the dawn of time then who knows what else this album could have achieved. Luckily this nasty habit ends with Led Zeppelin III. Robert Plant truly shines with his vocals here.

Led Zeppelin I is a serious contender for the greatest album of all time. Each song is brilliant but my personal favourite is 'How Many More Times' but 'Black Mountain Side' and 'Good Times Bad Times' are also great songs. I love the musicianship of the album but I get sick of the lyrics.

Repitition
    Awesome album but Jeff Beck's Truth is the birth of heavy metal, not this. Jimmy Page even played in and wrote one of the songs on it.
    Zephyr Zylöz
    Best Band in existence, never will be any even close to Led Zeppelin, this CD proves it!!