Led Zeppelin review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Mar 31, 1969
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin

The sound of this album is freakin great, I think Jimmy is using his 58' tele on it, among other guitars, but it's great, Bonzo's drumming is completely solid, JPJ's bass and organ, well, you know, he is an amazing musician, and composer and arranger and the like, and a 19 or 20, (I think), Robert Plant, sounds a lot more experienced, I can't believe how cheap and how fast it was made, the album is the bluesiest of the Zeppelin. Zeppelin only had one bluesy song on their last album, it kinda declined a bit every album, but this one rocks, DAzed and Confused and Communication Breakdown are probably best tracks on it. Blavk Mountain Side, (the acoustic showpiece), really shows Page's versatility.

lyrics really fit the blues in it. It isn't as good as the other Zeppelin albums but it works. I wasn't too impressed with the lyrics, since the blues wasn't exactly new when Plant wrote it. IT does fit though. Plants range of vocal is pretty good though. he has his highs and lows, the change of lyrics on "Dazed and Confused" fits very well.

IT compares to the American Bluesmen pretty good, except for Plant, he doesn't really sound like an American bluesman. It is just as good as the other Zeppelin albums too and compares to a lot of other 1968-1970 era releases, especially the ones from other British artists, I would buy it again, like I said, Dazed and Confused and Communication Breakdown are the best songs on it, I love that it is very blues bases, I hate it's length, it could be a little longer.

MaggaraMarine
    Probably the best Led Zeppelin album IMO. It has the freshness of a new band. They hadn't yet made their biggest hits and this album differs a lot from their other albums. All of the songs are great, maybe three weakest songs are "Your Time Is Gonna Come" (too much pop, doesn't compare to the other songs on this album), "Black Mountain Side" (just kind of meaningless track, shows Jimmy Page's acoustic playing but just feels that it doesn't fit this album that well, would maybe fit the third album) and "I Can't Quit You Baby" (pretty similar to "You Shook Me" but not as good). Don't get me wrong, they are great tracks too but not as good as the other tracks. I can't tell you which of them are my favorites. They all are great, maybe the fourth weakest track is "Communication Breakdown" (kind of similar to "Good Times Bad Times" but not as good). But the five remaining tracks are all awesome.
    MaggaraMarine
    sbauer187 wrote: Savage Animal wrote: sbauer187 wrote: dazed and confused pretty much gave me a new perspective on music, great great song. also a big fan of Good Times Bad Times as well as Babe Im Gonna Leave You. how in the world do u come up with a debut album as good as this? you steal all of the songs from other people! http://www.furious.com/perfect/yardbirds... Although there's some truth to that, Zeppelin took some of the structure from the original songs and made unique interpretations of them that blow the originals out of the water. Since when is that a crime. Long live Zep.
    I agree, they did steal some parts from other bands' songs but listen to the originals: They are way different from Led Zeppelin's "versions." And Led Zeppelin's versions are miles better IMO.
    Savage Animal
    wildchild6660
    deepestpurple wrote: Jeff Beck and led zep are not classic rock. Black sabbath started that.
    Moron
    rocknroll jesus
    no song has ever had an impact on me like Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused". When i first heard this song my heart was pounding and i was full of adrenaline. If only the bands of today could compose songs with this kind of affect.
    rocknroll jesus
    you don't hear music this good anymore because all the kids of today have for inspiration that are close to there age for them to relate to is fallout boy and metro station and emo bands like that. and don't even get me started with the ppl on the disney channel. they don't even care about the music all they care about is making money with their t.v. shows and movies like "camp rock". it makes me sick.
    sbauer187
    [quote]Savage Animal wrote: sbauer187 wrote: dazed and confused pretty much gave me a new perspective on music, great great song. also a big fan of Good Times Bad Times as well as Babe Im Gonna Leave You. how in the world do u come up with a debut album as good as this? you steal all of the songs from other people! http://www.furious.com/perfect/yardbirds... uote] Although there's some truth to that, Zeppelin took some of the structure from the original songs and made unique interpretations of them that blow the originals out of the water. Since when is that a crime. Long live Zep.