Led Zeppelin [DVD] review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin [DVD]

I have always been influenced by Led Zeppelin even at a very younge age. The classic crazy guitar stylings of Jimmy Page, awesome drums of John *Bonzo* Bonham, and John Paul jones funky jazz bass. But when I saw this DVD for sale for 12 USD used at "Music for Less," I had to buy. The DVD was created from videos of Zeppelin in their old concerts from 1969-1979 - basically resurected from the dead. The sound was very good on most of there songs, but on some videos (like Denmark Radio Special, in black and white broadcast) the sound was low quality.

Content — 10
This DVD box set clocks over 5 hours of play time, and has all the landmark/rememberable concert of Led Zeppelin including Interviews and Promos. This DVD is mostly live footage. The DVD holds tons of popular Led Zeppelin songs like "Stairway To Heaven," "Whole Lotta Love" (twice!), and many more. I was very satisfied with the song collection. But I was dissapointed that they couldn't get "Heartbreaker" on there. They said the video/sound was "corrupted."

Production Quality — 8
Most of the DVD comes in great picture, but some of the older stuff is a little bit low quality, but is as good as broadcast television (except some of the "clips" (extras) on the 1st disk, and an Immigrant song video, but that was supposed to be vintage). They had a lot of good production, especially the sound. This DVD box set was digitally mastered in an "Unearthed, Unheard" direction.

This DVD made my head spin and blew my mind, if you are a Led Zeppelin fan - this DVD box set is a must have. This DVD is defenatly great for those people who missed Led Zeppelin around the first time (like me). I was extremely impressed by Jimmy Page's guitar solos and John Paul Jones bass/piano skill. In "Moby Dick," John Bonham goes wild on a drum solo that last atleast 5 minutes long! I personally loved "Live At Madison Square Garden - 1973" - the picture quality blew my mind there. I've never seen any Music Video/Live Performance in such good quality! Either though I have seen this DVD start to finish numerous times, if I lost it or it was stolen from me, I would buy it again.