Led Zeppelin [DVD] review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin [DVD]

Since it's Led Zeppelin where talking about the sound was brilliant. Although I thought that some of Jimmy Page's guitar solo's where a bit sloppy for example Trampled Underfoot or I Can't Quit You, and some of the clips of there very early stuff and the Communication Breakdown video where not that great. But overall the sound was excellent.

Content — 10
The DVD has lots and lots of brilliant footage and unlike the Song Remains The Same this DVD shows what Led Zeppelin are all about. With a far better song selection starting off with the early days at the Royal Albert Hall and going all the way to there very last concert Knebworth, this has a hell of a lot in it. There are also some interviews with the band which for Led Zeppelin is very rare. This DVD captures the brilliance of Led Zeppelin live, and it really shows what a talented band they where. With a stunning performance of Moby Dick that far surpasses the one on the Song Remains The Same. I have never seen a better Live band.

Production Quality — 8
For something that came out of the seventies the production is pretty good not amazing but good. Some of the footage seems to go out of focus a bit but it still pretty amazing considering how old the footage was.

I've seen Jimi Hendrix Live, Eric Clapton, Guns N' Roses, Queen, AC/DC, Black Sabbath all of which are amazing live artists and bands, but none of them even come close to Led Zeppelin and this DVD just backs up my point 100%! I don't think ever will see a band like Led Zeppelin again that is why I will always have a copy of this DVD. The only thing I don't like about this DVD is the fact that I wish there could have been more songs on it. Listening to Zeppelin albums is amazing but watching them live is just a completely different ball game, they are just stunning and I wish I could have have seen they performe live, but hey this DVD is not far from the truth!