Led Zeppelin [DVD] review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin [DVD]

This whole DVD set is a must own for any fan of classic rock in general. If you're are a Zeppelin fan and don't own this, you aren't a true Led Zeppelin fan. Though the earliest video is from 1970 at the Royal Albert Hall, it sounds like it was recorded yesterday. The last show in the DVD goes all the way up to the Knebworth festival in 1979, which looks and sounds like you are at the show as you're watching it. If you are under the age of 40, chances are you never got to see Zeppelin live. This is the next best thing. I can't say much more than you should buy this DVD set, it's really cheap, and you will get more than your money's worth.

Content — 8
I am a huge Rush fan, I'm a bigger Led Zeppelin fan, but Zepplin never had that great of lyrics, but who really does? I can't think of many rock bands that have lyrics that didn't include drugs and women. This is Zeppelin's weakest point, it's lyrics. I really don't care though, because the music simply makes up for it.

Production Quality — 10
The production of this set is simply amazing. How the production team made this old of performances sound this good is way over my head. It explains in this booklet how they did it (I fouond it odd they baked the footage in a special oven for 3 weeks). If you didn't know who Led Zeppelin was, you would think the band was a recent band (except for the Royal Albert Hall footage, you can just tell that it's ancient).

You should log off your computer and go buy this DVD set if you don't own it. If you do own it, go watch it. Led Zeppelin is the best band in rock n roll history in my opinion, and this DVD ste showcases 4 legendary performances (with a few goodies in the special features, including an old black and white show that lasts for a half an hour. This is Zeppelin at it's best, and it doesn't get any better than this.

TheNextPage23
    AWESOME DVD, but did they put since i've been loving you and black dog on the DVD, it is'nt anything new, that same footage is on the song remains the same dvd