Led Zeppelin [DVD] review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: May 27, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin [DVD]

Led Zeppelin DVD: you know when I started playing my guitar my first influences were bands like Led Zeppelin. Now of course it's shadows fall and kilswitch engage but I heard about this and decided to buy it. I was worried that it would be like the song remains the same but when I put it in the sound just went over my head. This is live from 1970! I mean come on, how could something that was so old be revised and brought back like this.

Content — 10
I haven't even got to the visual yet. The opening footage was a 1970 concert held in Royal Albert hall. It was amazing seeing my hero Jimmy Page with the longest thickest black hair playing his guitar which was great sounding espeacially since this was old aged footage. Robert plant wailing and dancing around, John Paul Jones was even mysterious then and the infamous John "Bonzo" Bonham was amazing with his solo "Moby Dick". Also on disc one was alot of extra footage. A promo called comunication breakdown, a performance at Danmarks Radio. The set list for Danmarks Radio was Communication breakdown, Babe I'm gonna leave you, dazed and confused, and how many more times. A song called dazed and confused was performed on the supershow, and the footage at tous En Scene in France, the set list was communication breakdown and dazed and confused. A rumble of the crowed grew larger as the camera takes you into a venue in outside california of the thunderous immigrant song in 1972. Then the crowd again but in Madison Square Garden, New York City. A Blast of guitar starts Rober Plant in his opening line of Black Dog..." Hey hey moma said the way you move, gonna make you sweat gonna make you grove" and it was mind blowing to see this. It was 1973 and the songs were Black Dog, misty mountain hop, since I've been loving you, and the ocean. The other concerts which was Earls Court 1975 which had a mind blowing acoustic set list, set list/going to california, that's the way, bron yr aur stomp, in my time of dying, trampled underfoot, and the finally I got to see Jimmy Page and his double neck on stairway to heaven. Four year's later (1979) in Knebworth seen the final stages of the fall of Led Zeppelin. It was great but the reason why I say it's the fall of them was because as we all know John Bonham died the next year and Led Zeppelin wasn't the same. Setlist: Rock And Roll, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Sick Again, Achilles Last Stand (Jimmy at his finest), In The Evening, Kashmir (lyrical heaven) and a jam of Whole Lotta Love. The extras on disc two were pretty cool, had a NYC press conference which including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. Also had down under which was old footage, a Robert Plant interview the old grey whistle test and promos. The promos were over the hills and far away and traveing river side blues.

Production Quality — 8
The best quality of any Led Zeppelin Footage I have ever seen, visually and audio. Some defects like you see Jimmy Page playing a guitar part but the sound isnt with it, its another part playing.

The impressive part is not only the sound but the visual, a long way from the Song Remains The Same. And if you havent yet bought this buy it and yes I would rebuy it if I lost it.

conorverified
    FINALLY! A review that does this DVD justice! It's just amazing. Only one criticism - Where the hell is Heartbreaker!?
    Modernmusich8er
    They were missing one reel for the Royal Albert Hall footage, so they put all they had in the credits.
    Nilcerise
    very good dvd shows their music from all ages of still rocking if you dont have this or dont want it or you think zeppelin sucks for some faggot reason go buy song remains the same
    ledzppln1969
    great set. good track listing, and the solo on "trampled underfoot" is rediculous. led zeppelin is the greatest band ever.
    Bloody Headache
    The version of Dazed and Confused on here is phenomenal although it's a shame they didn't include Thankyou, it's such a beautiful and meaningful song.
    ericclapton93
    i agree with ledzppln 1969, Jimmy Page and JP Jones totally rule on 'Trampled Underfoot', and seriously, have you ever seen anyone play keyboard as fast and good as Jones?
    ericclapton93
    i agree with ledzppln, page and jones rule on the 'trampled underfoot' solo, and I've never senn any one play keyboard as fast as jones did, they should have put in a better version of 'babe I'm gonna leave you', you can hardely hear page, and thats to bad, because it's a ****ing good song for guitar!