Led Zeppelin [DVD] Review

artist: Led Zeppelin date: 07/15/2008 category: compact discs
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin [DVD]
Released: May 27, 2003
Legendary and long sought-after, this live Led Zeppelin collection is nothing less than the rock music equivalent of the Holy Grail. Quite simply, this is what all the fuss was about.
 Content: 9.7
 Production Quality: 9
 9.3
 9.6
 2,536
Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 22, 2005

Sound: Of all the hard rock/heavy metal bands in the world, Zeppelin remains the greatest. It is not great because it's loud, or because the band's energy overcomes their lack of talent (the Ramones). They are a band that will last forever; they had the talent and the energy. This DVD shows that to its fullest. As a guitarist, the highlight for me is of course Page, but there's so much more to enjoy. Robert Plant croons and sways with the music, creating the metal moves we know they will become. John Bonham is among the greatest drummers of all time, as made evident by his solo on Moby Dick. John Paul Jones adds a great bass lines. He is the most underrated memeber of the band, because in most of today's bands the bass gets lost admist the other instruments. He also proves capable of handling several instruments, from keyboard to mandolin. Jimmy Page is a god. He has created riffs so catchy and memeberable that they will never die. His solos on this DVD are nothing short of incredible, thanks to improv that will blow you away. Also, people need to stop beating up Plant for his lyrics. Every song is not meant to bring you to tears, but to lift your spirits and have you enjoy the song. His lyrics do that. People who say his lyrics don't touch them have missed the point. // 10

Overall Impression: Every memeber is so talented and so intersted. You can tell, especially on the DVD's final show, that they had fun doing what they did. This said, Page is the highlight. Stairway to Heaven live is unbelievable, the solo reaching emotional hights not hit even in the ablum version. His use of the violin bow on Dazed and Confused is infintely creative. Who else would have thought of it? Since I've Been Loving You features more great improv, as does White Summer and numerous others. I would buy it immediately if it were stolen or lost. It absolutely puts other live discs to shame. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 01, 2005

Sound: Since it's Led Zeppelin where talking about the sound was brilliant. Although I thought that some of Jimmy Page's guitar solo's where a bit sloppy for example Trampled Underfoot or I Can't Quit You, and some of the clips of there very early stuff and the Communication Breakdown video where not that great. But overall the sound was excellent. // 8

Overall Impression: I've seen Jimi Hendrix Live, Eric Clapton, Guns N' Roses, Queen, AC/DC, Black Sabbath all of which are amazing live artists and bands, but none of them even come close to Led Zeppelin and this DVD just backs up my point 100%! I don't think ever will see a band like Led Zeppelin again that is why I will always have a copy of this DVD. The only thing I don't like about this DVD is the fact that I wish there could have been more songs on it. Listening to Zeppelin albums is amazing but watching them live is just a completely different ball game, they are just stunning and I wish I could have have seen they performe live, but hey this DVD is not far from the truth! // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: rapxeon, on december 22, 2005

Sound: The sound just coming into the LA Forum at the beginning was the most spectacular sound I have ever heard. 22 seconds in, The blam of Jimmy page and John bonham begin with the Immigrant song. Disc 1 starts with Misty Mountain Hop, at the Royal Albert Hall, Very Spectacular. They used a grungy type at the Royal Albert Hall, and disk 2 has 3 concerts, The Madison Square Garden, Earls Court and Knebworth. All which the video and sound are very good quality. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a definite buy for any Led Zeppelin fan, the most impressive thing about the DVD was the quality of the video from the '70s. How the film enhancers regrained the picture was absoulutely astounding comparing it to some of the other DVD's I have seen in the past. I love how it gives off this sort of pumping off motion of you, hearing Black Dog starts off gives me chills down my back with excitement, It might be just me, but this is a definite 10. If it was stolen or lost, I'd just buy another one, the price tag isn't to bad for 30$ // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 13, 2004

Sound: This is the stunning, astounding, magnificent dvd which was released last year in 2003. The sound was magnificent. They really digtally remastered the songs. Theirs alot of blues and hard rock songs. The sound was so perfect it felt like as if you were there watching them live! // 10

Overall Impression: This is magnificent. This is the best music DVD I own. The most impressive thing about this DVD is its 5 hours and 20 minutes long. All for 30 dollars! It is worth every penny. I love everything about this DVD. If it was stolen or lost I'd buy another one. So go get it. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: ebashnitzil, on october 18, 2004

Sound: I have always been influenced by Led Zeppelin even at a very younge age. The classic crazy guitar stylings of Jimmy Page, awesome drums of John *Bonzo* Bonham, and John Paul jones funky jazz bass. But when I saw this DVD for sale for 12 USD used at "Music for Less," I had to buy. The DVD was created from videos of Zeppelin in their old concerts from 1969-1979 - basically resurected from the dead. The sound was very good on most of there songs, but on some videos (like Denmark Radio Special, in black and white broadcast) the sound was low quality. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD made my head spin and blew my mind, if you are a Led Zeppelin fan - this DVD box set is a must have. This DVD is defenatly great for those people who missed Led Zeppelin around the first time (like me). I was extremely impressed by Jimmy Page's guitar solos and John Paul Jones bass/piano skill. In "Moby Dick," John Bonham goes wild on a drum solo that last atleast 5 minutes long! I personally loved "Live At Madison Square Garden - 1973" - the picture quality blew my mind there. I've never seen any Music Video/Live Performance in such good quality! Either though I have seen this DVD start to finish numerous times, if I lost it or it was stolen from me, I would buy it again. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: xmrchainsawx, on december 23, 2005

Sound: This is a great recreation of the feel of Zeppelin live. They did a great job on making you feel like your actually there. Its great for people like me, who weren't even born back then, or for people like my father, who just want to relive the glory days of music. // 8

Overall Impression: Simply put, This DVD set is amazing. My little brother bought it for my father's birthday three months ago for $15 bucks, and we've been offered $40 dollars and up to buy it. If this thing were lost or stolen, I'd be heartbroken first-of-all, but I would definatly buy it again. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: BasketCaseGVD, on april 10, 2006

Sound: This DVD just makes the greatest hard rock band look even better. The quality of the sound seems if it came right out of the recording studio. Jimmy Page's drawn out solos are so creative, and be sure to watch Dazed and Confused. He used a cello bow. The whole crowd watched in awe, along with Robert Plant. I was amazed and tried it myself. The DVD fits right in with Led Zep's style. They just turn a 4 minute song into a 30 minute jam session. I timed John Bohnam's Moby Dick drum solo just at 30 minutes. This is probably the best compilations of concerts I have watched. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD just puts even more into Led Zeppelin's reputation. The most impressive thing on this DVD is the improvs. Jimmy Page's drawn out solos left me with a dropped jaw, along with his violin bow innovation. I was dumbstruck by John Bohnam's Moby Dick. I just love this DVD all around, and there is nothing not to love. I would definatly buy this DVD again if it were to be taken out if my hands. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: Modernmusich8er, on april 18, 2006

Sound: This whole DVD set is a must own for any fan of classic rock in general. If you're are a Zeppelin fan and don't own this, you aren't a true Led Zeppelin fan. Though the earliest video is from 1970 at the Royal Albert Hall, it sounds like it was recorded yesterday. The last show in the DVD goes all the way up to the Knebworth festival in 1979, which looks and sounds like you are at the show as you're watching it. If you are under the age of 40, chances are you never got to see Zeppelin live. This is the next best thing. I can't say much more than you should buy this DVD set, it's really cheap, and you will get more than your money's worth. // 10

Overall Impression: You should log off your computer and go buy this DVD set if you don't own it. If you do own it, go watch it. Led Zeppelin is the best band in rock n roll history in my opinion, and this DVD ste showcases 4 legendary performances (with a few goodies in the special features, including an old black and white show that lasts for a half an hour. This is Zeppelin at it's best, and it doesn't get any better than this. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: guitar_force, on july 01, 2006

Sound: Led Zeppelin DVD: you know when I started playing my guitar my first influences were bands like Led Zeppelin. Now of course it's shadows fall and kilswitch engage but I heard about this and decided to buy it. I was worried that it would be like the song remains the same but when I put it in the sound just went over my head. This is live from 1970! I mean come on, how could something that was so old be revised and brought back like this. // 10

Overall Impression: The impressive part is not only the sound but the visual, a long way from the Song Remains The Same. And if you havent yet bought this buy it and yes I would rebuy it if I lost it. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: Page&HammettFan, on november 25, 2006

Sound: This DVD was so incredible when I first wateched it with my Father. From hard rock to acoustic music, this DVD contains the only official live versions of a lot of songs (without buying any bootleg version of them) such as Achilles Last Stand, In the Evening, I'm not sure if Misty Mountain Hop or The Ocean were on any other DVDs. And these were only on the second disc. Disc one has the song White Summer, which was an incredible guitar solo by Jimmy Page, Bring it on Home all the way through. This was just a site to see. Some hidden features were really old live versions of songs such as Dazed and Confused, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and Communication Breakdown, which are also on the setlist itself. But those songs were from the very early days of Zeppelin, possibly before they even recorded the album. The use of the theremin on Whole Lotta Love and the violin bow on Dazed and Confused were, as to be expected of Led Zeppelin, incredible to see. // 10

Overall Impression: This is positively the best live DVD I have ever seen and probably the best one in existence, anyone who even remotely likes Led Zeppelin should buy this. To single out one thing on here would be an injustice to the DVD. But I will say that I enjoy seeing their interviews and Early show footage. There is honestly nothing that I can say I hate about it, and eveything about it I love. If it were lost or stolen, I can honestly say I would replace it as soon as possible, as well as try and recover the old one, even if it meant owning two. // 10

Led Zeppelin [DVD] Reviewed by: jasonvel, on july 15, 2008

Sound: Now, first of all, Led Zeppelin is a great band, and for many years proceding to the release of The Song Ramains The Same (1976) people always wanted more Zeppelin Live performances. The wait finally ended in 2003 when this DVD was released, it was a really long wait, but you know what, it was worth it. The remasterization on this DVD is awesome, Jimmy Page like always probing he is an amazing producer. The interpretations of each and everyone of this songs is amazing, for something they are the masters. And even the little clips on the menus are greatelly made. I couldnt be more pleased with this DVD. // 10

Overall Impression: In my opinion this doesnt't compare to The Song Remains The Same/Madison Square Garden's 1973 concert, because this DVD gives you the oportunity to see Led Zeppelin's evolution through out the years of their carrers. From the starting, younger, unexperienced to a more older, mature and full of creativity Zeppelin. And another really important point is that in the 1973 concert, they only play songs from Led Zeppelin I to Houses Of The Holy and in this DVD you can even hear a song from In Through the Out Door (In The Evening). Those 2 points are why for me this is the best Led Zeppelin DVD you can buy or see so far. // 10

Comments