Led Zeppelin II review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Oct 22, 1969
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin II

Often hailed as the 'best' Led Zeppelin albums along with the untitled, this is definitely one of Led Zeppelin's albums that deserves to be rated as the greatest. Stepping back from the earlier blue tunes, the band now starts playing some more louder and faster songs with some awesome riffs and solos, heard in songs such as Heartbreaker, Ramble On, and What Is And What Should Never Be. I usually find myself getting surprised from unexpected parts in songs that seem to pop out, such as the heavy guitar riffs and hard rocking sound at the end of What Is And What Should Never Be, and the insane solos of Heartbreaker, this is just a taste of the other incredible songs on this album.

Though not the best lyrics of their albums, Plant was still trying to get the songwriting down and in my opinion I think he did a very good job with Ramble On and others, his voice now starting to develop it's high pitched girly singing voice starts to show on these songs while still sounding great.

This album is often called "overrated," but let me give you my word, this is one of those albums that is highly rated for a reason: it's amazing. I often hear people saying this is their favorite album and I like to say it is also one of my favorites, I recommend this album to any Led Zeppelin fan who doesn't already have it.