Led Zeppelin II review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Oct 22, 1969
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin II

This is definately one of Zeppelin's best albums. The sound of this album is great, as well as any other of Zeppelin's albums. The album is quite relentless for the time it was made (1969), opening with Whole Lotta Love and closing with Bring It On Home. I will rate each song individually now. 01. Whole Lotta Love - this is a great song, but the drums with feedback carrys on for a bit too long. 02. What Is And What Should Never Be - this song goes from mellow to heavy in a matter of seconds a few times. The slide guitar solo is also great. 03. The Lemon Song - this song is a fantastic song with distortion aplenty. Jimmy Page truly shows his skills in this song with some great guitar work. 04. Thank You - a nice acoustic piece (maybe a sign of things to come in Led Zeppelin 3). Nothing much more to say about it than that. 05. Heartbreaker - this is one of my favorite tracks off the album. Great rhythm section with a great guitar solo. This is Led Zeppelin in it's prime right here. 06. Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) - a radio staple off the album, but still stands as a great song with a very catchy beat and a simple but nice guitar solo. 07. Ramble On - Led Zeppelin shows a great side of themselves with transforming from progressive acoustic to heavy in a matter of seconds, a really great song. 08. Moby Dick - this is what showcased John Bonham as the phenomenal drummer he really is. A really nice job by Jimmy Page on the guitar at the beginning, but John Bonham really stands out as a legendary drummer and is one of rock's best drummers of all time. It's a shame he went so soon. 09. Bring It On Home - this is one of the best album closing songs of all time, it's also my personal favorite off the CD. What seems to be a mellow ending kicks into overdrive with unbeliveably strong vocals and genious guitar riffs, what a song!

The lyrics in this album are typical rock n roll lyrics, women and drugs. I can easily look over this and listen to the great music, because Led Zeppelin is that good. If you are the type of person that judges their albums on lyrics greatly, this album is probably not for you. On the other hand, if you can overlook cheesy lyrics and appreciate the phenomenal music than you will love this album.

This album is one of Led Zeppelin's best, and I highly recommend it. The guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and even some harmonica, are top-notch. The overall impression and message of this album is telling you to rock out like there's no tommorow, a good message. I have 3 copies of this album, so it would be cool if it were lost or stolen because a stranger would hear Led Zeppelin at their arguably best.

greece_lightnin
    zeppelin is the epitome of good rock and roll and this album produced some of the greatest zeppelin songs
    KingABX345
    though i don' have a favorite Zeppelin song this would have to be my favorite albume all the songs are amazing there so god to listn to when ur blazed as **** lol im sure some of u know that ...PETER cough cough