Led Zeppelin II review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Oct 22, 1969
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin II

Well this is Led Zeppelin, so we can naturally expect an exceptionally brilliant sound thanks to John Bonham's fantastic drumming, John Paul Jones' superb bass and incredible keyboard perfomance, Robert Plant's instantly recognizable voice and, of course, Jimmy Page's excellent array of riffs, solos and plain skill at the guitar. Led Zeppelin II is my favourite Zeppelin CD because the guitar on the ablum is very rock, shown in songs like Livin' Lovin' Maid, the solo on Whole Lotta Love, (obviously) Heartbreaker, Moby Dick and the Lemon Song. I much prefer this tone to tones shown on songs like Ramble On (though that is an excellent song).

Well, this is Led Zeppelin, so naturally the majority of the lyrics are quite good and some even philosphical, but of course there exceptions presented in the form of "fun" songs with great guitar, fantastic vocals but lyrics lacking depth (not that I am complaining). The lyrics match the music extremley well, a skill I have often noticed in Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant. Just the name brings to mind the powerful and recognizable vocals, which are some of the best in the world of rock and roll. Need I say more?

Compared to Zeppelin I, this is by far the better album. Most definitley, I would put it at least on par with Led Zeppelin IV. Overall, I was very impressed by the songs on the album and the music itself. I fully reccomend the album to any Led Zeppelin fan, or someone wanting a taste of the classic rock band that is Led Zeppelin.