Led Zeppelin II review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Oct 22, 1969
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin II

Classic rock at its finest. Led Zeppelin has some pretty sweet stuff that any rock or metal fan is going to enjoy. This album takes that to an extreme. Jimmy Page has always been an amazing guitarist and possibly an even more amazing writer and this is some of his best. There is alot of blues rock in this album and though I'm usually into the heavier stuff, the bluesy leads are really where this album shines, and it shines bright. It is no suprise that this album was voted to be one of the most influencial guitar albums of all time.

Just like any other Zeppelin album this has some lyrics that really stick with you. In fact this album has some of the very most memorable lyrics in rock history. I doubt there is a rocker out there that isn't fimiliar with the fast paced up beat lyrics of Whole Lotta Love, but upbeat isn't all that Robert Plant exhales in. When you here some of the soft, poetic sounds matched with a weeping guitar you have no choice but to melt.

This is one of my very favorite Led Zeppelin albums. There is a few songs on it that define classic rock for me. This album includes one of the best and most memorable rock songs ever. Ramble On. I love this album. I love the way the songs seemlessly transition from faced paced rock n' roll to slow mellow bluesy rock. The only complaint about this album would be that it falls a little short at only 41 minutes. I have this album on my ipod, in my CD player, and ripped onto my computer. It's one of those albums everybody should own.

shreducator
    This was my first Zeppelin album, and it will always be one of my favorites. They don't make 'em like this anymore...
    MaggaraMarine
    Great album but it has two "filler" songs (they are OK but not as good as other songs on the album): Living Loving Maid and Moby Dick. Living Loving Maid is catchy but yeah, it's just so simple and gets old pretty fast. It's their pop song (and there's nothing bad with pop). And Moby Dick... I'm really not a fan of drum solos if I can't see what the drummer is doing. So they are good if they are recorded live but I really don't see a point of so long studio drum solo. A short drum solo would have been OK. The song has a good guitar riff though and I think it would work better live. So IMO not their best but one of the best.