Led Zeppelin III review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Oct 5, 1970
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin III

The sound in Led Zeppelin III is the most unique in any of their albums. It starts off with some well known tracks, Immigrant Song, for example, is the albums opening song. They also have one of my favorite songs ever on the album "Celebration Day". The whole CD takes a turn after the four rock songs are over. After Immigrant Song comes "Friends" which was influenced by Middle Eastern music (according to John Paul Jones) and features strings (which are put to good use). "Gallows Pole" is a remake of an old British folk tale, and uses mandolins, banjos, accordions, and almost any other folk instrument you can think of. Then comes "Tangerine" which is actually my least favorite acoustic song on the album. I don't find it that interesting. "That's The Way", which is one of the most relaxed Zeppelin songs ever, may carry on a bit to long, but it is still a great song. Then comes the knockout. Bron Yr Aur Stomp. This has to be one of my favorite songs of all time, and is about Plant's dog, "Strider". It features a little slide guitar, a catchy guitar, and wonderful lyrics. The last track "Hats Off To Harper" is the worst song on the album. It consists of only Page and Plant. Plant has a distorted voice, and Page uses a slide guitar for the entire song. It's the worst song on the album.

What is there to say? Plant delivers with some of my favorite lyrics. The lyrics on "Celebration Day" don't make to much sense to me, and I don't even know what Plant is saying on "Hats Off To Harper", but other than that, the lyrics are top notch. The best song (lyrically) has to be Immigrant Song. I just love it.

This is one of my favorite Zeppelin albums, and I just wish they had more like it. I wish their newer albums had as much acoustic tracks as this one did. The acoustic songs are my favorite, and would definitely buy it again if it was stolen (after I hunted down the thief and kicked his face in, that is).

sbauer187
    Since Ive Been Loving You is the best song on here however my personal favorites are tangerine and gallows pole. tangerine is very mellow and relaxing and the guitar work at the very end of gallows pole is exceptional. Not a top 5 zeppelin album but awesome nonetheless
    orange_juice
    i wouldn't recomend this for somebodies first zeppelin album, but i deffinitly has some good stuff Since I've Been Loving You is frkin AMAZING