Led Zeppelin III review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Oct 5, 1970
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin III

Led Zeppelin III... Often considered the "acoustic album" does fit the description, but it's often overlooked. This album shows the mastermind behind the great guitar work of Jimmy Page as it does the intense power that John Paul Jones contributes. I've owned this album for years but it hasn't been until only a week ago that I relistened to this album and truely thought that it was a work of art rather than just another Zeppelin album. It contains some of the bands finest work such as "Since I've Been Loving You", "Friends" and "Immigrant Song", three classics that have been included on several box discs and greatest hits collections, but what about the others such as "Tangerine", "Gallow's Pole" and "That's the Way", also phenominal pieces that just show the talent of each member. The whole point of it being acoustic seems like something the band wouldnt consider, but they showed that acoustic could still rock harder than anyone once thought.

Robert Plant has always been a great singer, theres never a doubt that if theres a countdown hes always in the top 5. This album may be heavily based on acoustic work but it didn't stop Plant from using his powerful screams (the scream in "Since I've Been Loving You" is just spine-tingling) and the way he uses his quieter voice displays emotions you wouldn't expect from such a heavy rock & roll band.

This is probably in the realms of top 10 albums of all time, regardless of how uncommon the songs are played on the radio. I guarentee that the only song that gets frequent airtime is "Immigrant Song" which is sad because this album deserves more recognition. I love this album for it shows how Led Zeppelin as a whole band is unstoppable with anything they choose to do. Its such a shame they will never be again, that is the dream I wish for that I know will never happen. Anyway, this album is rich in sound, feel/emotion, sweat, and balls... but that shouldn't deter you in anyway, it will blow your mind.