Led Zeppelin IV review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 8, 1971
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV

The quality of sound is fine on all songs, very clear and plenty sharp enough. It should obviously be taken as read that the songs are all flawlessly executed. I love the different stlyes that are all introduced with complete success, and the little refferences to LOTR are just a beautiful touch in my opinion. My God I just love this albumn (you should be aware that I'm listening to Stairway To Heaven while writing this just to remind myself how amazing it is).

Lyrics range from stariway to heaven which are just amazing. I can (hand have done more than once) just sit and listen to it or just read the lyrics for hours letting my mind wander, it's like a drug, just puts me out of reality completely. Robert Plant, amazing singer.

I'm not sure if its their best albumn ever, because that would be implying that it is better than their others which I don't think is possible. Going To California is amazingly layed back, Black Dog is amzingly cool, When The Levee Breaks is amazingly heavy, Battle Of Evermore is amazingly strange (in a good way, it's still amazing), Stairway To Heaven is just gonna get its own paragraph! Wow what can I say that I haven't already, the start is so beautifully mournful, the harmonies are so pretty, the solo is so amazingly good (it's the first solo I ever learned, so I know it that well but it's still amazingly cool every time I listen to it) and the end is so heavy and hard its hard to belive it's the same song that started so gently 6 minutes 44 seconds previously. The lyrics remain hugely deep throughout however. If someone stole it, I would buy another copy from each and every music store within a days driving distance of my house. And as we walk on down the road, our shadows taller than our souls.