Led Zeppelin IV review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 8, 1971
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV

First off, I have to say that zeppelin is the greatest. The sound ranges from crushing blues-metal to soft and mysterious. The greatest track on the album is, of course, stairway to heaven. it's tempo ranges from slow and mystical to a full on rocker. Jimmy's solo is one of the best ever. Another masterpiece is Black Dog. Any body who hears this song will have that opening "hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove" stuck in their head for a while. Rock and Roll is a classic with a magnificient guitar riff. When the Levee breaks is possibly the best blues-rock song ever, and if you are looking for Bonham's greatest work on drums, look no furthter, because hear it is. Easily the least known song on the album is Four Sticks, which has a simple, but pretty cool guitar riff. Misty Mountain Hop is a pop-ish song with a simple riff and a feel-good atmosphere to it. Going to California and Battle of Evermore are both very mystical and haunting songs that showcase acoustics and mandolins. All in all, this album has a little of everything.

Robert Plant is the greatest of all time. That's pretty simple. The album, like I said before, has a bit of everything. The lyrics go from straightford hard rock stuff like on Black Dog to mystical and haunting things such as on Stairway To Heaven. Jimmy Page is probably just as good a lyricist as he is a guitarist, if that puts things into perspective. Robert Plant is often criticized about his voice, but at the same time, no one else could do these songs nearly as well as he, so stop and thing before you start to talk.

This is the greatest album ever, and if you need proof, check out Stairway. But what makes this such a great album is that it has a little blues, a little rock, and a little folk, all Led Zeppelin. If I ever lost this, I'd buy it back in a heartbeat, and if you don't have this yet, buy it now!

grungeisdead312
    can all of you shut the **** up zeppelin is ****ing awesome and stairway to heaven kicks ass so SHUT UP!
    orange_juice
    To Flying Pee, I'll admit Mettalica is a great band, but Robert Plant's lyrics were 100x better than James Hetfield's.
    orange_juice
    When I heared this album for the first time I was so disapointed that even Stairway To Heaven could fix that up. The reason they became so popular was because they were hippies that played pop music. You heared me pop music. how else could they sell 24 million albums. The reason they sold so much is only pure luck. They didn't sell 24 copies of Led Zep 4 because its good but because it was pop music just like Christinea Aguilera or Britney Spears. What if LZ started today? It's all about right time right place.
    If i ever meet you, i am going to kill you with my bare hands. NOBODY compares Led Zeppelin to brittany speers and lives to talk about it.
    ace man
    When the levee breaks sounds like it was written by the who rather than zep. Black dog is one of the greatest riffs ever, so much funk and groove in a lets do it in the bath song. great opener.
    Laughing-Man
    F**king brilliant album. NOT the best ever. NOT even the best Zeppelin album. Stairway To Heaven is such a great song but again NOT the best ever and NOT the best Zeppelin song! But still the album is brilliant as are the individual arts - Drums, Keys etc., Bass and Gutitar. The signings brilliant and often the lyrics are too - often, NOT always.
    Keith Moon RIP
    flying pee might be the stupidest person i've never met. Zeppelin beats the crap out of Metallica. no contest. this album is amazing. i have to say its in my top ten favorite albums of all time. Stairway to Heaven is a good song, but it is not Zeppelin's best. Don't get me wrong, its lyrical genius, but I just think that, from an instrumental standpoint(which is the most important part of music) some of their other work is better. again great album, I love Zeppelin. how could Flying Pee(stupid name I might add) compare Zeppelin to Britney Spears?! If Led Zeppelin came out today, with its original members, they would still be great and people would listen so **** you flying pee.
    cheeseisthebomb
    flying pee is dumb... and whoever considers Led Zepplin "Heavy Metal, British Metal" is dumb. The album is sweet though
    a drummer
    Hobodeter wrote: Stop saying that Stairway to Heaven has the deepest lyrics ever when even Robert Plant has no idea what they mean. The lyrics are shit on that song. And also stop calling this the greatest album ever. I highly doubt youve hear every album out there.
    dude, your just straight up stupid for that quote
    TheRolingStoner
    This is probly Led Zeppelins best album well to me and flying pee your a dumb **** robert plants lyrics where quite good you are just to busy being gay to take the time to listen to them you cockless bastard sure you can have your choice of music taste but when you pay out someone else make sure you have pasted year 2 english.
    tab5
    After hearing about this album and knowing the songs I might consider buying it.I will get some other opinions first though.
    Tombi
    HAHAHAHAHA what a dumbass. what if metallica started today..