Led Zeppelin IV review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 8, 1971
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV

01. Black Dog - this track is truly amazing. With it's staggering riffs and Robert Plant's singing I think tihs has to be one or even the best Led Zeppelin track of all time. 02. Rock And Roll - it's not as good as Black Dog but that doesn't mean that I don't like it!! Rock and Roll has it's own little bits that stand out and that's enough to say. 03. The Battle Of Evermore - Robert Plant's duet here really fits in well with the style of the CD. Both of them go extremely well together and that shows that Robert can adapt to any stle of singing and that is why he is so good. 04. Stairway To Heaven - a great acoustic bit at the start. I really enjoyed this song the first time I heard it and it has worn off a tiny bit. I can understand those who may not agree with me here but I hope you understand that I'm not saying I don't like the track. It is certainly one of the best Zeppelin tracks ever but if you hear it too many times it can wear off. 05. Misty Mountain Top - there's a great riff at the beginning of this song. It's done in a rather odd rhythm but it all fits together well. The keyboard is a great addition to this song s well. Another fantastic song. 06. Four Sticks - it's kind of a bit weird and not very well known. I don't know it as well as the other tracks on this album but it's still a good song. 07. Going To California - Jimmy Page is great with the beginning of this. It's a rather slow song compared to the others and sone people might not enjoy it as much because of the slow acoustic pace but I personally like it. 08. When The Levee Braeks - a personal favourite of mine. I love the drum beat at the start. Jimmy Page's guitar is fantastic as well. I really enjoyed Robert Plant's harmonica solo in this song. It doesn't really sound like Zeppelin during that bit! It may be the last song on the album but it's certainly not the least.

The lyrics on this album are beast!! Robert Plant's singing is truly amazing. He is really amazing during the duet in The Battle of Evermore. Some of the lyrics don't make perfect sense but you can excuse that. In Black Dog, Robert Plant sings 'till he bursts. That has to be his personal best from this CD. I'm not discounting Jimmy Page. He is truly awesome throughout the whole thing not just with his singing but with his mint guitar riffs as well. I also like Metallica. James Hetfield I thought, before I bought this album, was the best writer of lyrics but I have been proved wrong by Robert Plant.

I'm not sure if this is their best ever album because I would be forgetting about all of the other classics. Black Dog is really cool. I wish I was able to write riffs like that one! Stairway to Heaven. What can I say. As I said it has worn off on me a little but if you haven't heard it them you really should! It's a cracking acoustic song and even if you don't like the idea of heavy rocking Led Zeppelin then even you will like this track! I really love all of the riffs in this song whether it's the acoustic ones or the electric ones. Zeppelin have to be the best riff writers in the world ever. I would recommend this album to anyone and if they have to hear a CD before they die it has to be this one.

dgme92
    flying pee, whoever you are, metallica dont have ANYTHING on Led Zeppelin. i cant think of any band besides Queen that does. Axl Rose writes better lyrics than hetfield. fairly shallow review on your part.... come on, Led Zeppelin INVENTED half the music people are listening to today! they are THE inspiration for every band out there. i doubt metallica would exist without Led Zeppelin. not ONE 80's band would exist without Led Zeppelin setting the standard and style bar so high. think before you post such a stupidly ignorant review again.
    leeRy
    Wow, most of these reviews are terrible. 95% of the interviews are extremely biased, not to mention they're very one-sided. They don't actually evaluate the individual songs as much as they tell us what happens. You guys suck.
    guitarprodigy46
    there is no best album of all time everyone saying its the best album on this review doesnt make it the best ever since is just their opinion everyone has their own likes and dislikes in music and u shouldnt bash a band just because u dont like them i like led zeppelin but this isnt in my opinion the best album of all time
    orange_juice
    I WANT FLYING PEE TO DIE!!! his review is sooooo bad. if you read it, you will want to kill him. garunteed.
    tab5
    flying pee you are a ****ing gay son of a bitch you remind me of my queer teacher mr.landry if you dont like zeppelin go **** yourself BITCH HORE BITCH
    Skilgannon
    flying pee you actual dickhead. black doh etc is about working class kinda stories, just crude sexy kinda anecdotes, its a style. and stairway, battle of evermore have amazing lyrics, very LOTR. and going to california? you massive twat. the music is superb and led zeppelin were voted greatest band ever because of their versatility and creativity - the opposite the concept of pop music really. idiot.
    mark033
    Why are some of you knocking Hobodeter? He has the right idea did you all know that Robert Plant wrote the Stairway lyrics in 15 minutes how's that for deep dipshits? And just so you know Stairway to Heaven is Zeppelin's greatest song, think about before you say it's not the only reason most Zep fans don't like it is because "everybody" likes it but if someone can name a Zeppelin song that is actually better on a whole than Stairway I'll eat my iPod. And Flying Pee was also right about most of Zep's lyrics (save Stairway's) it was all the same stuff over and over and over and over, love (mainly sex), drugs, partying it is pretty monotonous, nothing like - I hate to admit it- Metallica, I don't like Metallica but atleast there lyrics are different sometimes. Even Going to California is about love, I'll admit sometimes Plant wrote some decent lyrics about mythology i.e The Immigrant Song, No Quarter (read the lyrics before you knock me) and Achilles Last Stand, but that's pretty much the lot (plus a couple of others I can't remember). So really think about it before you say stuff like that.
    orange_juice
    mark003, how can you possibly agree with flying pee?? i respect metallica, but led zeppelin is better than them in EVERY WAY.
    Grunge _hippie
    This flying pee should be taken off LEd Zeppelin 4 is amazing. all The songs are about something the guitar is ausome.
    sbauer187
    flying pee is mentally retarded...i dont know of any pop musicians who can get away with having an 8 minute track played on the radio and having that song become voted as the greatest song in rock history by more than one list. i dont have a problem with metallica but they are nowhere near as versatile or talented as zeppelin (well put skilgannon)