Led Zeppelin IV review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 8, 1971
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV

Led Zeppelin reaches the pinnicle of there histroy with the album Led Zeppelin IV. This 8 song album has every thing from slow balads like "Going to California" to fast hits like "Black Dog". The bass lines matched perfectly to all the guitar riffs and the vocals complemented the overall sound of there music. Also the cover of this album gave it an old, classic feel even before you opened the case.

The lyrics in this album were arguably the greatest in the history of music. They interlinked J.R.R. Tolkeins "Lord of the Rings" trilogy with their hits "Stairway to Heaven", "Mist Mountain Hop", and "The Battle of Evermore". The song "Stairway to Heaven" told of journeying along the road of life when "our shadows taller than our souls". Where as the "Battle of Evermore" told the tale of the battle of Minis Tirith. The lyrics were comparative to those of the great lyricist Bob Dylan. Then on the other hand there are feel good songs like "Black Dog" with it's great guitar riffs and "Rock and Roll" with it's blues-y feel.

This album is one of my all time favorite albums of history. I love every song on this album with the exception of "When the Levee Breaks" which I found to be kinda a filler. The songs "Rock and Roll", "Black Dog", and "Stairway to Heaven" are some of the greatest rock classics of all time. If this album were stolen/lost I would probably hunt down the loser who did it then buy a new one.