Led Zeppelin IV review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 8, 1971
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV

There is quite a few acoustic songs on this album. They're really good songs and Jimmy Page plays very well. Actually, everyone plays very well. There's only 2 songs where it starts with electric guitar: Black Dog and Rock and Roll - both are Led Zeppelin classics. Led Zeppelin IV's acoustic songs are quite epic, like When the Levee Breaks and Stairway to Heaven. A great sounding album with complex acoustic guitar riffs!

Stairway to Heaven has some of the most recognizable lyrics of all time! And who doesn't love them? They're great. Other songs that I like the lyrics are Black Dog and Rock and Roll. As I read somewhere, one of the lyrical weaknesses is that there's a bunch about weird fantasy themes. Overall the lyrics are a bit weird, but still cool.

This is my favourite Zeppelin album. It's got pretty much their 3 most known songs: Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog and Rock and Roll. Definately one of my top 10 albums of the 70s. How can an album with Stairway not be great? 36 years later and it's still being played and it's known! I'm a big Led Zeppelin fan so I would surely go buy this again if it went missing.

ethan is hot
    rock and roll is my favorite led zeppelin song but stairway to heaven is hands down the greatest song ever written great keyboards, vocals, drums, and possibly the greatest guitar solo ever. freebird is impressive but that had three guitars and the only other song that can come close is eruption but thats mostly tapping. led zeppelin 4 is also the greatest album ever, all but maybe 1 song is a classic its the greatest ever
    MASTER JiMMY
    ...I am speechless. I respect that some of you prefer Plant over Het, but to say stuff like Plants lyrics are 100x better and that you've heard better lyrics from simple plan. I just can't believe that you're being honest. Hetfield is one of my favourite lyricists and the only Musicians that I would consider to top him are Eddie Vedder, Layne Staley, Robb Flynn or Peter Dolving(He's actually not as good as the others, but his lyrics reach out to me). The bottom line is, if you like blunt and obvious lyrics, James is better than Plant (For Whom the Bell Tolls) and if you like deep metaphorical 2-meanings lyrics, James is still better (Master of Puppets). Stairway to Heaven is often compared to Nothing Else Matters, and in my opinion, Nothing Else Matters takes the medal. The Stairway solo is often considered the greatest ever, but Nothing Else Matters has more energy, and Nothing Else Matters isn't even Metallicas best song, so in a nutshell: Led Zeppelin [b]
    mchugh92
    flying pee, comin from a metallica fan your review was idiotic, there is no way metallica could be compared to led zeppelin, cos led zeppelin have done far more for music than them, and i will admit hetfield is an awesome lyricist, personally id take his lyrics over plant's any day, but that is just my opinion, i hate people who treat their own opinions as facts, it pisses me off, but yeah awesome album, and stairway to heaven is great, but overrated, personally i think no quarter is their true masterpiece, and i love ten years gone as well, and lets not forget achilles last stand, so many great songs that wipe the floor with stairway to heaven, it was probably their first masterpiece but afterwards they wrote far better compositions, at least in my opinion