Led Zeppelin IV [DVD] Review

artist: Led Zeppelin date: 06/27/2006 category: compact discs
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV [DVD]
Release Date: February 14, 2006
Led Zeppelin IV goes behind the scenes to investigate why, and how, this album became a decades-long phenomenon and the inestimable impact it made on American music and pop culture in particular.
 Content: 4
 Production Quality: 4
 6.5
 4.8
 8.1
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Led Zeppelin IV [DVD] Reviewed by: tobiasosir, on june 27, 2006

Sound: This is a 'making of' sort of DVD, so there isn't much to say about the sound quality. There are several clips of various songs from their fourth album, but none of them are played in their entierty (neither is this to be expected). The musical content that is included consists of clips from various concerts and voiceovers recorded from radio interviews with Page and Plant. As such, it really doesn't need to be played in anything other than stero sound, and that sound is decent enough for what it does. // 6

Overall Impression: This was an informative look at the band and this album specifically, but it's nothing you can't find elsewhere, without buying a DVD you probably won't watch more than once. There is very little replay value in this, and I would guess that all of the information presented in this documentary could be found on the internet through Google. I did enjoy watching this, but I doubt I'll ever bother with it again unless I'm in the mood for a fast overview of the songs (most of them, anyway) on the album. And in that case, I'd just listen to the album. // 5

Comments