Mothership review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 13, 2007
Led Zeppelin: Mothership

This Best Of album has an awesome sound probably because of how perfectly remastered it's songs. But generally about Led Zeppelin's sound, it's great, the guitar is perfect for the songs and Plant's vocals fit with the overall sound of the band. And nearly all of the songs on these two discs are unique and fantastic to listen to.

As I said earlier Robert Plant's vocals are very appropriate to the sound of each of the songs. The lyrics are really really clever and also fit with the style of music in each individual song. And best of all Robert Plant is an incredibly skilled singer his range is fairly diverse and his voice is soft in some songs yet has the ability to be hugely powerful in others.

Before I bought this album I didn't know all that much about Led Zep. But the qaulity of this album has definatly turned me into a huge fan. Some of the songs I really love on this album are Communication Breakdown, Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love, Ramble On, Immigrant Song, Black Dog, of course Stairway, Trampled Under Foot, Houses of the Holy, In the Evening and All My Love. So generally I think this album is fantastic and I would highly recommend to anyone that appreciates really really good music.

pinkfloydfish
    I personally like to hear the songs in the original album. It gives the songs more meaning and context.
    B1ackout
    mikeoxsbig wrote: awful cd by and awful band lol
    i hope you're kidding... led zeppelin > everyone
    B1ackout
    Sorry for posting again, but I'm tired of hearing all these people complain. If led zeppelin wants to make another best-of album, then let them. It's Led Zeppelin. They can do whatever the **** they want. Oh yeah, and Grimms gtfo.
    pwninator123
    i wish Braun Y Aur Stomp was on it and guys, stop referencing FOB as awful, there are MUCH MUCH worse bands...ICP should be your go-to awful group
    Drifting182
    Sure, it's a cash-in, but it's a great introduction to Zep. Plus, the audio quality here is better because the tracks have been re-remastered.
    Marius Vingis
    Maybe there wasn't be more spice for that song!(The truth is that i don't know to)! by the way Good album !