Mothership review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Nov 13, 2007
Led Zeppelin: Mothership

Wow! That's all I could say. It was really nice because it was the re-mastered version of the album. So the recordings were the same but the sound quality is way better. Jimmy Page really is the bread and butter to the band. My favorite part is that with just about every riff, Robert Platt would follow up with some funky screaming thing. Not that that's a bad thing. Another thing that I liked is that they didn't really overlay the guitar track on the solos like they [mixers, masterers, and other recording people] usually do today. The only thing that I didn't like is the introduction to "Immigrant Song". There was a lot of static that builds up. But what do I know. They could have wanted that.

The lyrics are really cool because they weren't all about love and heartbreak and all of that stuff. Like each song had its own individual story to it. And the stories were very original. The singer [Robert Platt] has a really interesting voice. Almost like Geddy Lee's in the beginning of Rush's success. Its like a mix between screaming and singing. Probably sounds like me when I sing in the shower... except a million times better.

I love that the album came with a booklet that has some original photos, biographies, and a little more about the band. I really think it was one of my top five buys CD wise. Some of my favorite songs from 'Mothership' were "Immigrant Song"; "Stairway To Heaven"; "Communication Breakdown"; and "Good Times, Bad Times". But I can't really name any more because if I did I would have to list the whole album. I would definitely buy it again if it were stolen/lost. One of the few negative things was that I was really confused on how to work the double CD flipper thing. But maybe that's just me. The case was also really interesting, but you can figure that out for yourself when you go buy it.