Physical Graffiti review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Feb 24, 1975
Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti

The sound in any Led Zeppelin album is always crisp and very well produced. This album is no exception. Physical Graffiti is a monumental moment in the career of Led Zeppelin. The song that defined the band to its members, "Kashmir," is on this album. The album has two discs. In my opinion, the first disc is better. Physical Graffiti disc 1 is one of the best rock CDs ever made. "Houses Of The Holy," "In My Time Of Dying" and "Kashmir" are true rock classics. Jimmy Page is stellar as always. John Paul Jones provides excellent bass to accompany Page. John Bonham lives up to his reputation as the greatest drummer of all time. Robert Plant shows why he is a skillful singer again. Physical Graffiti is another landmark album in the career of the hard rock pioneers.

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page again prove that they are one of the greatest song writing teams of all time. Unfortunately, after "Ten Years Gone" on disc 2, the quality of lyrics slips a bit, but the level remains high. Led Zeppelin's lyrics have always been good, in my opinion. Robert Plant has an ability to write lyrics that comply well with the music devised by Page and the others.

Physical Graffiti is not the greatest of the Led Zeppelin albums, but it is definitely in the top half. "Houses Of The Holy," "Kashmir" and "Ten Years Gone" show that the Zep is not on a crash course, but is still flying high. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy it again.