Presence review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Mar 31, 1976
Led Zeppelin: Presence

The sound of Led Zeppelin is continually high quality, and their music is timeless. Although, I must say, Presence is on the lower end of the dial as far as Led Zeppelin is concerned. Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham still produce amazing sound, but the overall album is considerably less than stellar. Along a different line, though, are the songs "Achilles Last Stand," "Hots On for Nowhere" and "Tea For One." These songs definitely continue the high stantard Zep set for itself. Other than these three songs, the album is really not very impressive. Still, not very impressive in terms of Led Zeppelin is still better than many other bands' best.

Robert Plant is one of the greatest songwriters of all time. But he isn't on this album. Other than the three above mentioned songs, Plant's lyrics are not excellent. However, even if Plant's lyrics are not top notch, he has an amazing ability to write songs that go extremely well with the music that accompanies it. I would give the lyrics a 3, but the sheer skill of Robert Plant as a singer gets it a 4.

This album ranks about in the middle of all the albums that I've ever heard. "Achilles Last Stand" is one of the greatest songs that I've ever heard. The only slight negative about the song is its length, which is 10:22. If it were stolen, I would buy it again because Led Zeppelin is still immortal. Presence is a solid album, but below average as far as the Zep is concerned.